LifeProof - The Best Waterproof, Shockproof Case for iPhone and iPad
LifeProof Case Review
If you're an adventurous person, who loves sea sports, getting yourself dirty and muddy, or even if you always keep having your iPhone drop from your bed when you're sleeping, and you get worried if your expensive iPhone or iPad is damage, then LifeProof cases is the number one solution to all your problem and concerns.
Originated from San Diego, the LifeProof case has proven to be in comply to the full military IP-68 protection standard. So all you military junkies, don't give this product a miss alright? Or you're going to spend the tax payers money on new phones each time you go on a mission!
The design for the LifeProof case took around 2 years of intensive and extensive research before we (consumers) can finally get a feel on this all-protective case. LifeProof has been awarded the top finalist place by CTIA due to its capability to preserve the iPhone during activities such as skateboarding, hiking, swimming, biking and all other sporting activities.
LifeProof also competed in the LAUNCH conference together with 500 other companies and guess what, they got the top place for Best Overall! So have faith and enjoy reading my LifeProof iPhone case review.
The Four Proofs that made the Lifeproof the best iPhone Case
Take LifeProof surfing, swimming and snorkeling or just relax in the bath of a hot tub.
LifeProof takes you through dirt, dust, sandstorms and can withstand mud, food and fine construction dust.
With LifeProof, your iPhone is completely sealed from snow and ice. Ski or snowboard with confidence.
LifeProof is ultra-sleek and slim. It is designed to Military Specifications and tested to 6.6ft (2 meter) drop.
How LifeProof has changed my Life?
- I don't have to worry about my iPhone dropping into the toilet bowl when I take crap.
- I can now continue watching my favorite YouTube videos, surf the internet and even talk on the phone when I'm showering.
- I won't miss any important calls when I go for a swim.
- People always get fascinated whenever I show them my iPhone.
- Lastly, I have a peace of mind knowing that my iPhone is well protected!
Where to get it?
Right now, you can only get your hands on the LifeProof iPhone 4/4s and iPad through the website : http://www.lifeproof.com itself as they have not established any distributors throughout the region yet. But believe me, in a few months time, LifeProof will be available in most consumer electronics superstore and when that happens, it will be selling like Hotcakes and lemonade!
LifeProof for the iPhone is now available in 4 colors:
For only $69, I guarantee that you will be satisfied. Just like how I am!
Check out how LifeProof is made
As we all know, when it comes to consumer electronics, nothing is 100% flawless. We just have to accept that.
From my experience after using it for more than a month, I find that there are a few factors that I am disappointed with. I hope that when the representative from LifeProof reads this, they'll take note and improve it on their next updated design.
- Audio volume has decline probably to 90%. It is not as loud as how it is without the case.
- You can't get any 3G/Wifi signal when you're underwater.
- When your iPhone is submerged, the touch display won't work. Smart phones like the Sony Ericsson X10 has already developed new technology such as Wet finger tracking. This enables user to use the touchscreen functionality while underwater! Perhaps Apple designers should look into it.
- Due to the very tight and compact design, charging the iPhone can be a little bit tricky because you actually take effort to plug the charging cable. That's probably the reason why they sell the RadTech Dock extension.
- You can't use any desktop charging dock because there is no way that LifeProof case will allow you to do so, unless you remove the case, which by the way, requires a lot of effort.
All in all, the LifeProof is still the number one waterproof iPhone case not only in my opinion but many. They're a young company but they're learning fast to compete with other big guys such as Otterbox, Belkin, Switcheasy etc.