- Android Phones
Motorola Atrix 4G Firmwire Update to Android 4.0 aka Ice Cream Sandwich
Motorola Atrix 4G Android 4.0 Update
Mortorla Atrix 4G ICS update is not a very daunting task to do. I am not talking about any official update. Unfortunately, till now Motorola is unable to roll an official Android 4 update for Motorola Atrix 4G. What we are here going to discuss is nothing but an unofficial update. We must have to thank Jokarsax of CyanogenMod for all his skill and hard works. The guys of the forum have done an excellent work to bring the Google’s fresh mobile operating system to Motorola Atrix 4G. It is true that soame custom ICS ROMs are not working well but you need not to worry here. The ROM used in this process is working fine.
Here are some statutory cautions for you:-
1) If you are a complete novice about such things like flashing, updating etc then you shall have to seek help from someone who knows.
2) If you are new in Android and do not have any technical know-how, you better have to learn a bit before advancing.
3) The update is successful for thousands of people but still there is no guaranty for your case that all the functions of the phone will be working fine.
4) If anything bad happens to your device, we shall not be responsible. Do it in your own risk. The chances of such mishap is pretty low though.
You need the following s for updating your Atrix 4G:
i) A rooted Motorola Atrix 4G phone
ii) ClockworkMod Recovery.
iii) The Botloader of the phone should be unlocked.
iv) The phone must be charged to at least 70%
Updating Atrix 4G with ICS
1) Download the ICS CM9 ROM on your PC from here. The file will be of more than 100 MB so it would be better to do it via Wi-Fi.
2) Now connect your Atrix 4G to PC via a data cable.
3) Transfer the downloaded CM9 ROM to the phones SDcard. Do not try to unzip the file.
4) Now disconnect and switch off your phone
1) Switch on your phone and enter into the Recovery Mode.
2) In the recovery mode select “Wipe data/factory reset”.
3) Now select “Wipe Cache” and “Wipe Dalvik Cache” to delete the system files.
4) Now select the “install zip from SD card” option.
5) Find out the downloaded CM9 file.
Why ICS update for Motorola Atrix 4G is necessary? You may ask this question. In answer to it we can tell you that ICS is awesome. It is a vast improvement above your phones currant Gingerbread. It is much sleeker and good looking. It is much more functional and user friendly In short, it will change your phone using experience.
1) Now, it is the time to install the zip file. It will take some time. So, wait and relax.
2) After, the completion of the download you have almost done.
3) Now, reboot your Motorola Atrix 4G.
4) Congratulations! You have done it. If you have failed then try again or revert back to Gingerbread using your Nandroid backup.
I think you know that this ICS update process is only for Motorola Atrix 4G. Do not follow this procedure for ice cream sandwich updating any other model of Android phones. I hope that you shall be successful in getting a Motorola Atrix 4G with Android 4.0.x.
Motorola Atrix 4G with ICS Review
Source: XDA Developer's forum
- Update Samsung Galaxy S with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
Update your Samsung Galaxy S to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. It is not an official update though.
- Samsung Galaxy S3 vs Apple iPhone 5: Which One is the Best?