- Android Phones
An Easy Guide to Update Samsung Galaxy S I9000 with Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
Samsung Galaxy S Android 4.1 Update
The old master phone Samsung Galaxy S is even bought by many. It is now low in price but decent in quality. But the OS of Galaxy S is outdated. If you can update it with Android Jelly Bean, would not be it fine. It would shake the feeling of old and outdated from your SGS. But the problem is there is no official JB update for it.
Do not worry folks, we are here to help you. If you read this hub with attention then you can see, it is very much possible. Yes, you can upgrade the firmware of Samsung Galaxy S with Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2 with ease.
Are you afraid of using a custom ROM?
In that case I can say that the custom ROM used here is CM10.1.0. CM or Cyanogen Mode is the most famous and popular among all the custom ROM builders. There ROMs are known for stability and functionality.
Read Before You Try:
- This ROM is updated and working fine. But, still it is in the constant development stage. There can be some glitches and errors. If there is a bug it would be fixed in the nest update of the ROM. So, do not be too worried after finding one or two minor issues.
- There are chances that you may even not be successful. A few devices may have particular problems.
- If you are new in this business of dealing with Android OS update or upgrade please seek help of an experienced user who may guide you at any point where you would get stuck.
- Do it on your own risk. The author or the website will not be responsible for any damage to your device or data. This is an educational guide only.
- This update is for Samsung Galaxy S GT-9000 only. Other models are not tested with it.
Do You think Android 4.1 is suitable for Samsung Galaxy S
- You need have to possess a rooted Samsung Galaxy S I9000 with ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM) installed. To know how to do these go here.
- Backup all the necessary data. You may use your PC or cloud storage to keep backups of valuable information like contacts or passwords.
- Charge your mobile to at least 70% otherwise if it shut down during the updating process it may harm the phone.
- Do not try to do this to a model of SGS other than I9000.
Jelly Bean for Samsung Galaxy S Review
The Upgrading of Samsung Galaxy S : Initial Stage
1) Download CM 10.1. 2 custom ROM for Galaxy S.
2) Connect your Samsung Galaxy S to the PC. Copy the downloaded Zip file to your phone’s SD card.
3) Restart your phone and press HOME + POWER + VOLUME UP buttons to enter into the ClockworkMod recovery. It should be done during the booting of the phone. You can use the volume keys for scrolling and power button to select.
4) Now select Backup and Restore > Backup to make a nandroid backup of your phone’s currant ROM.
5) Now wipe all Data by selecting Data/ Factory Reset. Wipe cache by selecting Wipe Cache Partition. Now select Wipe Dalvik Cache.
1) Select Install ZIP from SD Card > Choose ZIP from SD. Now find out the Jelly Bean ROM from the phone’s SD card.
2) Now confirm installation and it will begin.
3) It will take some time to be completed and so, leave your phone and take a break for some time.
4) After the completion of the installation of Android 4.2.2 do a "Wipe Cache" and "Wipe Dalvik Cache" again.
5) Now, it is the time to go to the Advanced menu. Select Fix Permissions.
6) Now select Go Back.
7) Reboot your phone. Now you shall have Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on your Samsung Galaxy S.