Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS3: The Best Waterproof, Shockproof Digital Camera (2012)
Panasonic Waterproof Digital Camera Can Go to 40 Feet
Are you looking for a waterproof, shockproof digital camera to take snorkeling or diving? Or perhaps a digital camera with built-in GPS to take hiking in the mountains? Or maybe you want a camera that can shoot 3D images. You can get all of these features in the Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS3 waterproof digital camera. This 12.1 megapixel little marvel is waterproof, shockproof, freezeproof, dustproof, and comes with amazing built-in features such GPS, a compass, and a barometer. All in one little package that's easy to carry around. Check below to learn more about this camera and read reviews.
(Image: Panasonic DMC-TS3 available on amazon. See link below.)
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS3 Waterproof Digital Camera - 12.1 MP with a 2.7-Inch LCD
When it comes to waterproof shockproof digital cameras for everyday use, Panasonic is one of the leaders in this category. This little DMC-TS3 can go to 40 feet, which is much deeper than the cheapest ones that can only go to 10 feet, and even better than the Nikon AW100, which is waterproof to 33 feet. This camera also comes with some cool features, such as 3D imaging and built-in GPS.
Product description: Panasonic's Lumix DMC-TS3, specifically designed for active users who want to capture high-quality photos and 1920 x 1080 full-High Definition videos, incorporating a powerful rugged design and new outdoor-friendly features, such as a built-in GPS function, a compass, altimeter and barometer. The new 12.1-megapixel Lumix TS3 further strengthens its toughness, when compared to its Lumix TS2 predecessor, and is now waterproof to approximately 40 feet (12m); shockproof to approximately 6.6 feet (2m); freezeproof to 14�F (-10 degrees C); and dustproof.
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS3 Auctions - Get great prices on eBay
Panasonic replaced the DMC-TS3 in spring 2012 with the TS4, but you can still purchase the TS3 online. eBay is a good place to get a new DMC-TS3 at a discount, now that the newer model is out. Just be sure to look for a seller with good feedback ratings and you could walk away with a great camera at a great discount.
Features of the Panasonic Lumis DMC-TS3
Not just waterproof and shockproof
- Available in blue, silver, orange or red
- 4 active outdoor scene modes - snow, sports, beach & snorkeling and underwater
- Waterproof to 40 feet
- Built-in GPS, compass, altimeter and barometer
- 3D Photo mode
- 12.1-megapixel Hi-speed CCD
- Optical zoom up to 4.6x
- Shockproof, freezeproof, dustproof
- Small size (7 x 2 x 6 inches)
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS3 Video - Give a closer look at this waterproof shockproof digital camera
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS3 Reviews
What others are saying about this Panasonic waterproof camera
Four Star Rating on Amazon. Here's what people like about it:
- The image quality is far superior than I imagined, especially underwater.
- I've snorkeled in 75 degree salt water for four days in a row for not less than 3 hours. In clear water the underwater pictures are amazing. I never got anything close to this quality out of the (Fuji) XP10
- I am a serious photographer and I usually shoot with a pro Nikon camera. I purchased this camera because I did not want to expose my pro Nikon to the elements, and this camera is wonderful for that purpose.
- Purchased this camera to use on 1 of our wildland fire trucks that operate a cross the country, am glad we did. The photos are clear and the option of having GPS information on each photo is a benefit in our line of work.
- Con: If you have a Mac, you'll have to find another way to get the AVCHD video off the camera.