what should be done if the computer suddenly breaks down?
The computer breaks down when it develops a fault. It stops responding when its switch is turned on. In this situation, the steps mentioned below should are taken.
Large organizations usually have a computer support department that helps in computer maintenance, in the organization. Some organizations make computer maintenance contracts.
If the computer is in a large organization, always call the support department or the persons responsible for computer maintenance. The telephone numbers and addresses of the maintenance persons should be kept handy.
The computers bought for personal use at home or in an office are covered by warranty for about one year. In case of a breakdown of the computer written the warranty period, contact the seller for repairs.
In any case do not open the computer yourself if you are not a trained technician -or are not authorized to do so. Opening of the computer may cancel the warranty of the computer. Being an untrained person, you may damage a computer part. Also, the monitor operates at very high voltages and poses danger of electric shock.
However, before contacting any one for repairs, there are some simple checks that must be performed. The computer may not be responding for some simple reasons. These checks are:
1. Check the power cable of the computer and the power outlet. The power cable may be loose or not connected.
2. Check all external connections of the monitor, keyboard, mouse with the CPU.
3. If you are working on the network and your computer gets disconnected from the network, it may be that someone has pulled the network cable and the computer has been disconnected from network.
- How to Control Virus Infection?
Damage to the computer can be prevented by following a few precautions. These precautions .....
- what steps can be taken to improve the working life of the computer?
The working life of the computer can be improved by observing the following precautions.....