- Travel and Places»
- Travel Tips & Preparation
A Quick Tour Trip and Plan to Goa
A Video featuring Mangeshi (Hindu) Temple, Goa
For A Spectacular Day Time Journey
Since the Konkan Coast is so beautiful and really an enjoyable experience, you need to travel during day time. Now, there is some happy news to help you. The newly introduced (from Feb, 24, 2014) Mangalore-Madgaon ( up and down) Super Fast Express Trains will give you a good chance to watch the spectacular scenery along the route.
Train No. 22636 Mangalore-Madgaon Super Fast Express (320 km distance)
Leaves Mangalore Central at 8.15 am and reaches Madgaon at 14.00 Hours (2 pm)
Train No. 22635 Madgaon-Mangalore SF Express
Leaves Madgaon at 16.15 Hrs (4.15 pm) and reaches Mangalore at 22.00 Hrs.(10 pm)
The trains can be made use for your journey to Udupi, Murudeshwar and Goa and back.
More Goa Features Can Be Read Here
- How to reach Goa
Goa is considered as a paradise among the tourist destinations in India. With a couple of fine beaches and a history of Portugal invasion, Goa has a lot to offer for a traveler and historians alike. Read this article for a detailed study on Goa.
Books on Goa Tourism
How To Reach Goa
Goa is different. It is vibrant as well as peaceful. Its stunning coastline, charming villages, abundant greenery matching with Kerala, the unique blend of Eastern and Western cultures, all these have made Goa the most favored tourist destination in India. People across the globe reach here for a memorable stay. It is the smallest state with just 3702 sq km, nearly one-tenth (1/10) of Kerala (36,863 sq km), another small state in India.
As I have done a detailed write up on Goa through my hub "How to reach Goa" earlier, I don't venture to add further here. To know more about Goa, you may please visit the same by clicking the following link: How to reach Goa.
Considering your busy schedule, I present a quick tour plan to cover Goa in a short span of two or three days. I have also listed below some useful websites for your study on Goa tour. Please check and arrange your travel plans accordingly.
The quick tour plan
- Reach Madgaon by Train preferably by evening, say by around 8 pm or earlier.
- Hire a taxi to Colva Beach (6 km away)
- Book Rooms in "Colmar Beach Resort" (CBR) or Colva Residency or any hotel nearby.
- Also, book for Sight Seeing at CBR. But Colva Residency is the best option as it is run by the Goa Government.
- Have a drink and dine from 'Pasta Hut' (the restaurant cum bar of CBR).
- Colva Beach is fantastic. It is very close to the restaurant. Spend a few hours on the beach at night chatting, singing or simply lying on the sand.
- Day 1; Sightseeing starts between 8.30 and 9.30 in the morning.
- Opt either North or South side. My suggestion is North Goa (mainly beaches).
- The charge for sightseeing is Rs.200/- per head for each trip. Back to the resort by around 8 pm. (South Goa bus back by 6.30.)
- Day 2: Trip to South Goa begins by 9.30. It covers ancient churches, temples, and museum. (Rs.200/head). If you want more luxurious travel, please opt for the service provided by Colva Residency. They charge Rs.300/- per trip. But it is AC bus and so comfortable.
- if you are on a hectic schedule, please catch the Kurla Express at 11.10 pm (23.10 hrs) heading for Trivandrum via Mangalore, Calicut & Ernakulam.
- Attention international travelers: Rs. 200/- is approx. 3.5 $.
Note: The trip time may vary. Please check with the operators.
In case, you have time and mood, stay longer here. It is worth too as Goa offers a lot more to explore.
Some useful websites
Important Phone Nos.
Indian Airlines: Airport - 2542444-46
Jet Airways: Airport - 2542025-26
The Train is the best option to reach Goa as it has good connectivity with all major rail heads in India. Daily there are six trains running between Mangalore Central (MAQ) and Mangalore Junction (MAJN). The distance between Mangalore Central to Madgaon is 320 km (Rail route). Please note that Mangalore Central and Mangalore Junction are different stations. Mangalore Junction is on the Konkan route and it is also known as Kankanadi. There is a distance of six (6) km between these two stations. Below, I give the details of Daily trains (both Passenger and Express) running between Mangalore and Madgaon in a separate table.
Train No. & Name
Arrival at Madgaon
12134 Mumbai Express
Mangalore Jn. (MAJN)
12617 Mangala L.Dweep Exp.
12620 Matsyaganda Exp.
Mangalore Central (MAQ)
16346 Netravati Exp.
56640 Madgaon Passenger
22636 Madgaon Exp.
70106 MAQ-Madgaon DEMU
Test your knowledge on Goa by attending this Quiz
view quiz statistics
- How to reach Colva Beach, Goa in India
Colva Beach in South Goa is a major popular tourist destination in Goa. It is a scenic beach with stunning features. How to reach and what are the attractions there. This article answers it all.
- Kappad - The Gateway to the Malabar Coast
Kappad has got some rare distinction in the world history as it was here the Portuguese navigator Vasco da Gama landed in 1498. It was the discovery of a sea route to India from Europe. The history of Europeans' invasion to India begins from here.
- Is Goa a wrong choice for visit?
Some conservative Indians, especially the Malayali society think Goa is not a place for families to visit. They never take their families to Goa. Is there any facts in it? This hub examines these allegations and offer you the real facts about Goa.
- A Candlelight Dinner at Palolem Beach, Goa
Palolem Beach, Goa takes you to a different experience. It is one of the most beautiful beaches in India. The hills, forest all inside the sea is so nice. Alsotry a candle light dinner on the beach
© 2013 Sunil Kumar Kunnoth