- Travel and Places
Best Beaches in Virginia
Virginia is the third largest suburban city in the United States and the fourth largest in North America. Virginia Beach is famous for its miles of beaches, and numerous hotels, and restaurants along the ocean front. Virginia beach is also home to several state parks, protected military areas, military bases, several long protected beaches and universities. Miles of white sand and sand dunes that extend beside the crystal clear blue waters of the Atlantic ocean along with the most romantic sun sets and sun rises makes the occasion a special one. Virginia beach is well maintained with all the amenities available. The umbrellas, chairs, surfboards and many other things could be rented easily for enjoyment during your beach visit. Along the beach people engage in varied water sports from parasailing to fishing and boating. Here are some of the best beaches in Virginia.
1. Sandbridge beach: One of the best beaches in Virginia is the sandbridge beach. Sandbridge beach is located just to the south of virginia beach. It has five miles of golden sand that visitors enjoy with their families. The beach offers a lot of activities including parasailing, paragliding, fishing, and sun bathing. The amazing sun rise and sun sets fill your hearts during your visit.
2. Westmoreland state park: Westmoreland state park is located one and half miles along the potomac river. The park provides visitors with a spectacular view of the potomac river. The park offers camping, hiking, cabins, fishing, boating and swimming.
3. Cape charles beach: Cape charles beach has shallow waters and no waves. The beach is great for small children. The beach has picnic tables, grills and restrooms.
4. Chippokes plantation state park: You will find 2 miles of beach along the james river for fishing. The park offers swimming pool, cabins, campsites and picnic areas.
5. Colonial beach: Colonial beach is located at the northern tip of virginia'a northern neck. The town of colonial beach is nestled between the potomac river and monroe bay. The beach is ideal for swimming, boating, sailing.
6. Kiptopeke state park: Another best beach in virginia is the kiptopeke state park. The park on the chesapekae bay is a great place to watch migrating birds and enjoy the eastern shore birding festival every october.