- Travel and Places»
- Travel Transportation
Caribbean Cruise Ship Ports of Call - St George Grenada
Magnificent waterfalls, pristine rainforests, tranquil beaches and local festivals welcomes you to this cruise ship port of call - Grenada. St George is the capital city of this charming island in the Caribbean. This cruise ship port of call is a volcanic, mountainous Island with crater lakes.You will have instant access to the city from the cruise terminal and great beaches are only a short distance away.
Getting Around in Grenada
A local bus can take you all around the Island. Taxis and mini buses are also readily available and have visible registration numbers. Colourful water taxis run between the Grand Anse Beach area and St. George's harbour. Visit sister Islands, Carriacou and Petit Martinique in Grenada on the Osprey Express Ltd, is a high-speed, modern, catamaran ferry
Things to do and see in Grenada
1) Grand Anse area for beautiful beaches
2) Waterfalls. Trek the rainforest to the Seven Sister Falls. Stroll along nature trails to the Mount Carmel Waterfall. Take the challenge of the Concord falls or the Victoria falls. Close to the capital you will find the Annadale Falls surround by lush greenery.
3) River Sallee Boiling Springs, a spiritual retreat for the locals
4) Lake Antoine is a shallow crater lake with a plethora of wildlife. Walk the peremiter trail around the lake for an awesome view
5) Gouyave Nutmeg Processing Station. For $1.00 you can tour the largest nutmeg processing factory on the island.
Shopping in Grenada
At the Ocenfront, you will find loads of shops and open markets for your shopping pleasure. In Carenage, which is the oldest area of st Georges, you can enjoy a unique shopping experience. The Esplanade on the waterfront and and the local market at the waterfront offers many delightful shopping experiences. Try the spices, sauces, jams and the galleries filled with the wares of local artists. There are also duty free items like perfumes and jewelry.
Where to Eat in Grenada
The Laluna restaurant has a thatched roof dining room with a direct view of the beach. Menu items include pumpkin and ginger soup, Octopus salad and Bresaola Condita.
The Tropicana Inn offers a choice of caribbean and Chinese foods. You can choose to eat indoors or outdoors are take away.
Pirates Cove Resturant and Bar is located at the Grand View Inn in Morne Rouge on a hill overlooking the view. Menu items include Captain Hook Special - Chicken leg stuffed with herbs and served in mushroom sauce.
The Lodge in St George, is a Vegan B & B located on acres of landscaped gardens with spectacular views of the mountains, rain forest and the oceans.