10 Reasons to Visit Kenya
Asante sana, jina langu ni Amanda.
The moment I landed In Kenya I knew I was in-love. From the lush green trees along the highway to Limuru to the proximity to numerous wildlife species in Nairobi, I now understood what all the fuss was about. This was Africa! The kind that kept it's authenticity while progressively developing it's infrastructure. I must admit that I did not get enough time to truly explore everything on my bucket list while in the country but i will return.
Here are the 10 things I loved about Kenya that have guaranteed my future return to the beautiful land:
- The buzz of the capital city: Nairobi was by far one of the busiest cities I have been to. It had a warm outgoing spirit about it and you could almost tell that the locals were in pursuit of success.
- The food: nyamachoma, chapati and ugali
- The Masai Market: I got myself a beautiful red Masai blanket and marveled at the magnificent craftsmanship the traders had throughout the market.
- The box matatus
- The scenery in Limuru
- The breathtaking wildlife
- The affordable fast internet: The myth is not a lie. Nairobi has incredibly fast internet.
- Java Café at Yaya Center where I met my long time friends Sheila and Bianca after 6 years. This was also where I got to meet my Moremi Initiative sisters who are based in Nairobi and finished my trip with meeting Fridah and Flower, my two sweethearts.
- The People- Kenyans embody kindness, always ready to assist you and make you feel at home. I cannot begin to explain how many gifts I came back with from each person I met while I was there.
The slightly alarming things:
Traffic is hectic in Nairobi and the driving is out of this world scary . I had my hands fastened to my seat anytime I had to travel around. This was the order of the day throughout all my uber trips and travels from Limuru to Nairobi.
Just as a caution, security was a huge thing. Kenya still has a long way to go in this space but I felt safe during the trip.
Things I wish I had done:
- Met Primeprotografi—His work is amazing and If i had the time, I would have booked a session. Check him out on instagram @prime_photografi/ new.obedphotography.com/
- A drive to Mombasa
So if you were wondering where your next trip should be, I would highly recommend Kenya.