- Travel and Places
How to Get Upgraded to First Class Airline Seat
What is first class seating? Well it’s all a secret behind the curtain where you see everyone having a terrific time being waited on in comfortable seats, and sometimes even pony rides. (Smile) all kidding aside we all want to be treated special, and get the most attention especially when we are traveling. There are a few things that us poor folk can do to get that treatment every once in a while. Let me share a couple of secrets with you on how to get put into first class while paying a coach fare.
To show off our status in this day and age we, need to have money. But, if you’re a normal Joe like me then having money and not living paycheck to pay check is quite a challenge. Some of the below tips have been time tested and work for the majority so let’s dive right in.
1. Airline Clubs- Most airlines have something called a frequent flyer club. It’s free to join and every time you fly they calculate their miles that you have traveled with them, and put them in a small account for rewards. So if, there are 2 or three airlines you fly most join all their clubs sometimes they have significant discounts where only a couple thousand miles will get you upgraded to first class seating.
2. Get there Early.-If, you get to your gate early enough, you can ask the people there if you can get a complimentary upgrade to first class. A lot of airlines are happy to oblige if there is not a full flight to keep you happy. You always want to be nice, and not cocky like you think you deserve it. But if they do say no don’t argue and just be happy you got a seat.
3. Kids.-Well, what can I say if you have kids and want a first class seat free then it is not going to happen. It seems to be an adult only exclusive.
4. Be Nice.-I know I already said that, but it cannot be stressed enough. Be overly polite, compliment them, and let them know how much you appreciate them. If, you need to read how to win friends and influence people before your trip it will significantly improve your chances.
5. Pay.-Yes, I know this is a “Free” article, but sometimes you can get the upgrade right at the gate for a substantially discounted first class seat. You may only need to pay as little as twenty to thirty dollars for a first class seat upgrade take advantage of it.
If, you have other suggestions please feel free to leave them below these are ones I have used, and they work well for me and hopefully for you too. If, at all always make sure you have an enjoyable flight and don’t worry too much if you don’t get it.
- 10 Ways to Budget Travel In Central America
In todays world of declining dollar value and huge markups in airfare traveling abroad might seem a little out of reach for most people now a days. But, I have found some wonderful travel tips that I would...
- How to Get Free Airline Perks
Airline perks we all love them when they give them to us. But, how many times have we traveled and got frustrated and just blamed the airline that gave us some bad service and wrote it off as something to be...
- How to Buy Cheaper Airline Tickets
Are you a frequent traveler? Do you like to explore unknown destinations around the world? If you are like me then the answer is probably yes. But, what do we do with the price of oil rising along with...