- Travel and Places»
- Travel Activities & Ideas
Description of New York
What I did in New York
Within the last 2 weeks I went on a trip to, of all places, New York to see my brother & his wife. I have 2 pictures to share.
- If you are walking through downtown New York city, be careful to keep your stuff together and keep moving. There are so many people walking, you have to try to move with the flow. Also, some people might find that it would make them nervous to be in such a large crowd.
- If you have a camera, keep it handy, you never know when you might need it.
- If you can, try going to the "Top of the Rock" , that is a trip to the 67th floor of the Rockefeller Center, to the roof of the building where there is a beautiful panoramic view of the metro area.
- If you are walking through the downtown New York city area, mostly you will notice greyish skyscrapers all around, blocking any view of the horizon. It is as if there is a red, menacing spider watching.
- Although it has been verified that upstate New York has many green outdoorsy sites about an hour by car outside of the city proper, the main thing I saw from the panoramic view, New York City from above looks like solid concrete & steel.
- Traffic congestion is heavy by most standards on a normal weekday, so if you have never driven here & are new around there, sorry I don't recommend it.
In conclusion, if you are looking for a city & country type place to vacation, New York could be the place for you to visit.