- Travel and Places
My dream Vacation Spot - Bora Bora Islands
My friend has visited the Bora Bora island and she has captured the beauty of the Island in a most scenic way.The beauty and isolated life of the Island attracted me and I decided to visit this place once in my life time. Iam not an adventurous traveler but this Island changed my outlook towards travelling. Bora Bora Island is the most famous island across the globe.The mystical presence of the Island is well evident with the words "Bora Bora " and is indeed the most wonderful place in the world.
Bora Bora Island is an ideal place for people who look for adventures,mysteries and it is famous as a romantic spot and has great legendary stories.Let us start our travel.
Wow !.After seeing the above photos am sure that you would have been mesmerized about this amazing island.This hub will provide a information on the climate,average temperatures,Places of Visit and the Do's and Don'ts while you are travelling in the island.
Bora Bora Island is an amazing,scenic,tourist spot and all the tourists enjoy the ambience and scenic beauty.
Two towering peaks of sheer black rock dominate the center of the island and make an impressive backdrop to an assortment of blue waters that will dazzle the eyes. Bora Bora's lagoon is its most treasured feature, and allows the traveler many opportunities to experience it in a variety of ways. Windsurf, jet-ski, scuba dive, swim, bask in its warmth... the list goes on.
Bora Bora is truly an experience worth having. A wonderfully relaxing place to be as well as a great island for you to experience, your Bora Bora vacation will never be forgotten.
Bora Bora lies 240 kilometers (150 miles) north-west of Tahiti in the Leeward Society Islands. The main island is home to 4,225 inhabitants and is surrounded by a stunning multicolored environment, rich in both natural and historic treasures. There is only one navigable pass, facing the principal village of Vaitape. A 29-kilometer, partially paved road circles the island, passing colorful villages, archaeological sites, old army bunkers and cannons left over from World War II.
Le Meridien Bora Bora is located on the coral reef, on the southern tip of Motu (an islet built over a coral reef), facing the island of Bora Bora. The hotel is only 20 minutes by private launch from the airport and five minutes by boat from the main island of Bora Bora. There are no car parking facilities at the hotel. Off shore, the Motu Islands are scattered within a large ring of coral, which the visitor can explore through various boat trips, scuba-diving and snorkelling excursions.
Time difference - GMT minus 10 hours.
Currency - Central Pacific Island Franc (XPF).
Climate - Tropical with two seasons. November to April is the rainy season and May to October is the dry season.
Please note that city tax applies at XPF 150 per person per day. This is charged to each guest upon check-out.
Activities for tourists
6 Categories of Bora Bora's activities include:
- WATER SPORTS - with special sections for SCUBA DIVING and SAILING, plus snorkeling, surfing, windsurfing, jet skiing,water skiing, swimming, kite surfing.
- RELAXATION - motu picnics, nightlife, bus & minivan tours, glass bottom boat, private lagoon tours, sunset cruises, massage
- ADVENTURES - 4x4 safaris, parasailing, deep-sea & sportfishing, shark & ray feeding, hiking & climbing
- ISLAND FUN - eco, cultural, & nature touring , lagoon excursions, horseback riding, light tackle fishing, Aqua scope, Aqua safari, Lagoonarium,camping, flight seeing.
- RECREATION- casual walking, bicycle, riding, tennis, volleyball, billiards, massage.
- SHOPPING, SERVICES & RESTAURANTS- local art galleries & studios, BLACK PEARLS & JEWELRY, gift shops, boutiques & more.
3 Categories of Bora Bora's sights include:
- SIGHTSEEING & GENERAL POINTS OF INTEREST - Ancient maraes, leftover World War II cannons and bunkers, plus a special CIRCLE ISLAND TOUR section.
- ATTRACTIONS & UNIQUE ACTIVITIES -
The Exotic Lagoonarium , Tahitian Dancing, the unique Aqua scope, and the Aqua safari.
- ARTISTS, CRAFTSMEN & OTHER SPECIALISTS -
with info on local artists & craftsmen , art galleries, Tattoo artists, and more...
I enjoyed my cyber trip to Bora Bora Island.How about you?