New Ways To Finance Travel
Budget Traveler - How To Afford Travel
When a person wants to travel but needs to earn income, these two ideas can be at odds with each other. The way to reconcile those two concepts is to earn money while traveling. But this is where many people go astray for lack of a visible avenue to take in the money-making department.
The alternative is to learning how to travel on a budget but in this particular article we can explore ways to earn income while traveling.
How To Afford Travel - With Unique Jobs In The World
By now, you may have heard of ESL teachers and that is a great option for many but what if being a teacher is not a good fit? Or, what if you do like to teach but you don't want to be tied to one location at length. One solution is to teach ESL via Skype. Yes, that's a possible solution - particularly in countries that have remote locations, such as Russia.
Here are a few more unique choices that I have explored.
- Vehicle transport: You become a driver that relocates a vehicle for another person. There are several websites that explore this career choice. You'll need a clean driving record. Sometimes you are paid a small stipend or for the gas. Most of the time, you just get a free car to drive. Two companies that offer employment in these capacities are Auto Driveaway and Drive Away.
- Online writer: Yes, you've heard this one before. Start a blog, website, or work freelance. No, you won't get rich overnight. Yes, it does require actual work.
- Hostel hosting: Unpaid work in exchange for free lodging plus, sometimes, a small stipend. Not a bad gig.
- Gardening/farming volunteer: Work for food and a free place to live. Family environment and new friends easily made.
- Mystery shopper: Review hotels, restaurants, cruises, customer service in business locations, and more. While these companies have a test to pass prior to hire, they can pave the way for a higher level of travel - such as fine dining and cruises. I've enjoyed the perks of working for Coyle Hospitality.
- College recruiter: Universities will pay for your travel and offer you a salary. You'll generally travel within one region of the USA. You must be outgoing in personality and have a cheerful disposition. Work hours are great: about 9am-3pm.
- Item relocater: Deliver a cat, a dog, a prized vase, or fine piece of art. If you have commercial driving skills, other positions open include transporting heavy equipment and boats. The employer posts the job and you bid on it. The best bid wins. One such company is U-Ship.
- Web based positions: designers, engineers, etc. These positions often pay better than the other types of work.
For the determined person, there are a variety of choices for work available to finance travel - to support one who seeks and needs adventure to be happy.
Work While Traveling - As a Group Travel Organizer
If interested in budgeting for travel - or looking for a free deal - instead of working while traveling, consider these topics: