Things to do in Boston
Boston is one of the oldest cities in America with a rich economic and social history. Boston is home to many reputed institutions of higher education, some of the world's finest inpatient hospitals, professional sports organizations and hosts over 12 million annual visitors from across the country. Boston attractions boasts a spectrum of world classs entertainment, sports, arts and exciting attractions such as freedom trail, boston harbor, fenway park, faneuil hall and museum of fine arts. Here are some of the things to do in Boston that might help you as you plan your next trip to Boston.
Things to do in Boston
1. Freedom trail: The freedom trail is a 3 mile walking tour around the heart of historic Boston. The trail consists of 16 historical sites in downtown Boston and charlestown. The path is marked by a red line painted or bricked into the sidewalk. The historic sites relate mostly to the American revolution and features many of the downtown freedom trail sites including the old state house, faneuil hall, king's chapel, and the site of the first public school in America. The freedom trail begins in Boston common and ends in Charlestown at the bunker hill monument making it a great thing to do in Boston.
2. Swan boats of boston: The swan boats paddles passengers around the public garden lagoon for a 15 minute peaceful cruise. It is super slow, so even kids who are leary of rides will be able to relax and enjoy themselves. The swan boats cannot operate on rainy, windy, or extremely hot days making it into the list of top things to do in Boston, MA.
3. Christopher columbus waterfront park: The park features a statue of christopher Columbus, a fountain, and a rose garden. This park is an excellent place for kids to relax and enjoy the harbor and should be in your list of things to do in Boston.
Places to visit in Boston
More Boston attractions
4. New England aquarium: New England aquarium features a giant ocean tank. The circular, four-story giant ocean tank holding more than 200,000 gallons of water is an impressive sight at the new England aquarium in Boston. Exhibits include sea lions, harbor seals, penguins and fresh water gallery. The aquarium displays more than 15,000 specimens representing more than 600 species of fish and aquatic animals. The aquarium is one of the best attractions in Boston.
In summer, you can take an aquarium whale watch cruise. Boston cruise gives 3 hour whale watch cruise on high speed catamaran vessels. Three outside decks offer optimum viewing capability and a climate controlled interior cabin provides cushioned seating, tables and a galley for eats. The cruise gives you more time viewing some of the world's most magnificent creatures.
5. Fenway park tour: Fenway Park, the nation's oldest, most beloved ballpark and proud home of the 2004 World Champion Boston Red Sox. The park built in 1912 and still has real grass on the field. The tour lasts about 50 minutes. Guided tours are offered year around.
6. Boston harbor beaches: Boston harbor beaches feature sand beaches, scenic walkways, and beautiful landscapes. Boston’s Harbor beaches offer an array of recreational activities such as swimming, fishing, boating, sunbathing and sightseeing making it a must do thing in Boston.
New England Aquarium in Boston MA
- Best Thanksgiving dinner at Walt Disney World
Spending the Thanksgiving day at one of Walt disney World theme parks with family and friends is a great way to celebrate...
- Hershey park rides and attractions
One of the top amusement parks in the US and Hershey park rides and attractions include ...
- Free Things to do in Las Vegas
- Top things to do in Chicago
- Top National Parks in America
- Best Buffets in Las Vegas