- Travel and Places»
- Visiting Asia»
- Southern Asia
Top Places to see in Ooty, India
Where is Ooty?
Ooty is referred as the "Queen of Hill Stations" in South India. It is situated at the Nilgiri District of Tamil Nadu, at an altitude of 2240 m. It is one of the top hill stations of India. It is also called as Udagamandalam.Earlier the English name for this hill resort was Ootacamund. Ooty is a great honeymoon destination too.
Top Places to See in Ooty
There are many interesting places to see in Ooty. Some of the most popular places are these -
- Government Botanical Garden - located in the city.
- Ooty Lake - behind the Main Bus Stand.The beautiful lake offers boating facilities. A boat journey is must get the full feeling of this enchanting place.
- Rose Garden - More than 2500 varieties of roses are here.
- Children's Park - Located on the way to Boat House. Some games and rides are available for the children to enjoy here.
- Government Museum - located Mysore Road.
- Dolphin's Nose is an interesting place for a picnic. You can see the Catherine falls from here
- Festivals -
- The annual flower show in Ooty takes place in the month of May. If you can plan your visit during this period you can enjoy the best of Ooty.
- Tea and Tourism Festival
- Flower Show -The Flower Show of Ooty (Udagamandalam) is very popular among tourists as well as in locals.
- Ooty train - Those who visit Ooty usually wouldn't like to leave there without taking a train tour, which is spectacular.
Flower show at Ooty
What to see Around Ooty
Those who have more time to spend in Ooty, can visit the nearby places, too.
- Doddabetta Peak - 13 km away from the city. This is the highest peak of Nilgiris hills and it is at the junction of the Western and the Eastern Ghats.
- Kalhatty Waterfalls - of 100 feet in height are located on the Kalhatty slopes, 13 km way.
- Coonoor, another beautiful hill station is just 17 km away.
- Avalanche- is a nature lover's paradise, with a lake ideal for fishing, and bird watching. 28 km from Ooty.
- .Mukkurthi Peak and National Park - located around 40-km away on the southern corner of the Nilgiri Plateau.
Related sites about Ooty
- ooty travel to blue mountain queen of hill stations
In this Article your fill find: Introduction Chaiya Chaiya! Ride Blue Mountain Train Doddabetta Peak Government Botanical Garden Mukurthi National Park Mudumalai Wildlife Sanctuary Ooty Lake ...
- Top Places to See in Kodaikanal
Kodaikanal, the beautiful hill station of India, is located in the Dindigul district of the state of Tamil Nadu, perched on the southern crest of the Palani hills about 120 kilometers away from Madurai. The...
- Udagamandalam, a beautiful hill resort in Tamil Nadu
Udagamandalam (Ooty) is a beautiful hill station in South India.