- Travel and Places
Travel Safe With Your Money!
Travel Safe With Your Hard Earned Money!
You Have Planned A Trip... Now Plan Your Travel Safety!
Did you realize that most of the precautions that you take to ensure that you travel safe with your money on vacation - also ensures the personal safety of you - the traveler? It's true. Money is personal. It is ours and your job when on vacation is to make sure that your money stays in your possession at all times - and in your possession - remain safe from any possibility of being lost or stolen.
More vacations are interrupted after careful vacation planning, because of finance issues, than for any other reasons. When finances are involved in any way... your personal safety is inevitably involved.
Financial Planning For Your Safe Travel.
Travel and money go hand in hand from the time you plan your vacation financially, to preparing and enjoying a safe trip and ultimately your own safe return.
You want to make sure that upon return from your vacation, perhaps you might have a bit of your money left to put back into your personal safe:-)
If you plan ahead for personal safety while you travel... keeping in mind that the safety of your money is the most important area to focus on when planning your trip -- this will measurably ensure that personal safety is maintained -- and you are most likely to have a very successful, safe trip and one that will have only happy vacation memories.
Travel Safe Links
"Your" Personal Safety is Number One ! And The Money That Travels With You Also Benefit Also!
- Spreading your money around on your person. (keep a little inside your shoe, but get creative) This way if you leave your purse or wallet somewhere, are mugged, or lose your load - you are not left out in the cold with your hand out! Stay in control.
- Travel companion - share the responsibility to keep the both of you safe and carrying the money between the two of you. If possible, never allow just one person to maintain all the finances when you travel. Use the buddy system to your full advantage.
- Travel today, has to be creative to retain your personal safety. You can buy key chains, belts, travel pouches... even a personal safe that looks like a padded hanger. All of these are reasonably priced at under $40.00.
- Avoid carrying a wallet filled with credit cards, etc... when you travel. You leave yourself wide open to become the next victim of pick pocket crime... very common for vacation travelers. Now you have it - now you don't! Experts suggest getting yourself a small coin pouch, and placing about $20.00 in it. If you do become a victim... - give THAT up. Most muggers will be satisfied.
Think personal safety first and your finances will remain intact on your vacation.
What You Carry When Traveling Helps With Personal Safety.
- Bag slashing is something that I had never heard of before. So, because this has to do with a knife, you and ultimately what the robber wants... your money - prepare for this event ahead of time. How? Experts suggest that you carry a shoulder bag with sturdy straps (deterrent) and do not place your money in this bag in case you are attacked. What ever you keep in your shoulder bag when you travel, make sure it is not irreplaceable if you become a victim of a bag slasher on your trip.
- Keep your valuables hidden! Avoid the need to be flashy when you travel. Go simple and keep it simple. No flashing the green. No flashy jewelry. Dress conservatively. This will send the message to anyone that might be eyeing you... that you are not worth it! Stay unpretentious when you are on vacation and your travel will be much safer, not only personally, but where your finances are involved as well.
- You might consider carrying "two" pouches or wallet type money carriers. One with a very small amount of cash that you pull out when necessary. The "real" pouch or wallet should be hidden well and only accessed privately.
Safe Travel And The ATM... Advice!
Take your ATM card unless your are traveling somewhere extremely remote. Travelers checks are quickly becoming less convenient for Credit card companies gives these suggestions for your safety when using an ATM:
- Observe your surroundings before using an ATM. If the machine is obstructed from view or poorly lit, visit another ATM.
* Take a friend with you - especially at night.
* If you see anyone or anything suspicious, cancel your transaction and leave immediately. If anyone follows you after making a transaction, go to a crowded, well-lit area and call the police.
* Have your card out and ready to use.
* Shield the screen and keyboard so anyone waiting to use the ATM cannot see you enter your PIN or transaction amount.
* Put your cash, card and receipt away immediately. Count your money later, and always keep your receipt.
* When using an enclosed ATM that requires your card to open the door, avoid letting strangers follow you inside.
* When using a drive-up ATM, make sure all passenger car doors are locked and windows are up.
* Do not leave your car unlocked or engine running when you get out to use an ATM.
* Check with your financial institution to determine what the daily limit of funds that can be withdrawn from your account is.
Travel Tip: It is actually preferable to use ATMs during the day, when there are people around!
More From Write On!
- The Future Of Technology - Where Will It Take YOU Next?
- Travel To Paris, France... Without Ever Leaving Home! Virtual Travel... Stop Dreaming - Because We
- Family Games Versus Family Feuds?
- Healthy Families... What Is Your Family Temperature? Have You Had A Check-Up Lately?
- The Fine Art Of Poetry... Is A Gift!
Safe Travel With Your Money Well Planned!
Planning a vacation that you are looking forward to going on, can and should be an enjoyable experience... which leads to the anticipation of a wonderful trip. When we travel away from home, it is imperative that we think first of personal safety to ensure safe travel overall.
The safety of your money is directly related to your personal safety. This cannot be stressed enough. Please take seriously the fact, that having issues that involve your finances -- will turn a dream vacation into your worst nightmare. It is worth your time and safety on a personal level in maintaining safe money management -- that you take the time and plan for this most important part of your travel.
Travel can be safe and enjoyable if you plan ahead for the most important issues that accompany your vacation plans. Your money is you -- at least to those who want to take that money away from you or if you find yourself having lost your money as a result of any kind of unfortunate travel experience.
May you travel safe and well, with the money that you worked hard to plan your vacation.