- Travel and Places»
- Travel Activities & Ideas
Walt Disney World ~ What's New for 2014?
Walt Disney World ParksClick thumbnail to view full-size
New in Walt Disney World 2014
2014 promises to be an exciting year at Walt Disney World Resorts! There are some magical things happening throughout the year. So, what’s new for the Walt Disney Theme Parks in Florida for 2014? The question is, where do I begin?
I travel and visit the Walt Disney World Parks in Orlando, Florida yearly, and I have been waiting impatiently for the grand opening of the Seven Dwarfs Mine. If you are like me, you are waiting on the edge of your seat.
What’s new this year?
1. The Seven Dwarfs Mine; this is a roller coaster ride that is designed for families. This is the centerpiece of the New Fantasyland in Magic Kingdom. This ride curves turns, dips and has a few moderate drops that will thrill everyone! This ride is based on the animated Disney movie from 1937 Snow White. This ride had its dedication on May 2, 2014 with a special ceremony; the ride opens to all guests on May 28, 2014. Disney tells us that this ride appeals to the entire family with the opening of this ride that completes the New Fantasyland.
2. The Festival of Fantasy Parade is new this year and features the stories from the New Fantasyland. This parade showcase new floats, eye-catching costumes, and an original soundtrack. Adults and children alike will be spellbound by the beauty and fun this parade provides, in true Disney form.
3. In EPCOT the Morocco Pavilion is opening a new attraction ~ Spice Road Table. It is located inside the pavilion and guests will find a variety of Moroccan dishes and specialty drinks.
4. Is it possible? Yes, it is Disney is opening a new luxury resort. The Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort will dazzle guests with rooftop views of Magic Kingdom, a spa, three pools, a lazy river, and much more!
5. Downtown Disney is turning into Disney Springs, this will feature changes and new experiences for Disney guests. This year the transformation will continue, new retail stores will be added, valet parking, self parking, and double the venues that will total to more than 150. This is scheduled to be completed by 2016.
The cruise line is adding some exciting new things with some new cruise itineraries. They will start to include a larger collection of European cruises, with the spotlight on the Greek Isles. The Disney Cruise Line will now start departing from new homeports in Italy, Venice, San Juan, and Puerto Rico. During the summer months of 2014 (May through August) the DCL will return to the Mediterranean! Disney is spreading the magic around the world with new ports of call and a variety of cruise lengths.
Walt Disney Parks PhotosClick thumbnail to view full-size
The New Fantasyland in Magic Kingdom
The New Fantasyland in Magic Kingdom Orlando, Florida ~ what does it have to offer? This fun and exciting New Fantasyland includes two new themed areas, the Enchanted Forest, and Storybook Circus.
The Enchanted Forest
1. Here you can meet some of the Disney characters like the Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast.
2. Take a magical journey with Ariel on Under the Sea ~ Journey of the Little Mermaid.
3. Join Belle in her castle for some story time fun in Enchanted Tales with Belle.
4. In Ariel’s Grotto you can meet Ariel, get some great pictures and an autograph!
5. When you get hungry you can check out the menu at the Be Our Guest Restaurant, or the counter service restaurant ~ Gaston’s Tavern.
6. Don’t forget the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train; it opens to all guests on May 28, 2014 and promises fun and fantasy for everyone in the family.
1. This is where you will find The Barnstormer; riders will take flight with the Great Goofini on a stunt plane.
2. When you get hot just move on over to Casey Jr.’s Slash ‘N’ Soak station.
3. Don’t forget the kids’ favorite ride, Dumbo the Flying Elephant.
4. Take in Pete’s Silly Sideshow, where you will meet and greet the characters under the Big Top.
5. Take a ride on the Walt Disney World Railroad, get on at the new station in Fantasyland and tour the park.
Disney gives us so much to look forward to, that you must wonder what will they do next. This is a valid question and one that I can’t wait to explore and experience.