White Water Rafting in Shivpuri and Rishikesh
If thrill and adventure is what you are looking for, then white water rafting in the Ganges River of India is the best option for you. Located in Uttarakhand northern parts of India, Rishikesh and Shivpuri are the most appropriate places for enjoying water sports activities like rafting and river beach camping. Delhi to Rishikesh distance and Delhi to Shivpuri distance is just 227 kilometers and 241 kilometers respectively by road travel. Such close distance from prime cities in India have made both Rishikesh and Shivpuri famous for not only rafting and camping but also for many other adventurous sports like rappelling, rock climbing, swimming, trekking, day hikes, campfire, and nature walks. Other recreational activities include playing games around the river beach like volley ball, basketball, Frisbee, etc.
Also, river rafting and camping in these places is beneficial for anyone who wants to preserve awesome memories and want to feel some new experiences and meet new people. Taking a memorable dip in the Ganges and doing some rafting in Ganges is the best adventurous experience of life.
Water Sports in Uttarakhand - Best Rafting Camps in Rishikesh and Shivpuri
When it comes to organizing these trips, there are a lot of options available but you need to land for the best and for that below is an organization which is one of the best for Rishikesh and Shivipuri:
Camp Hammock in Gurgaon, Haryana
Escapade Adventures and Holidays Private Limited
Personal Contact Numbers: Sunil: +91-9811414930 and Harpreet: +91-9999102199
Office Phone Numbers: +91-9212802144 and 00-91-124-4051192
Email ID: email@example.com
They have the best professional rafting guides and best camping staff. These people are also famous for organizing expeditions on the Ganges. They have the biggest beaches in Rishikesh and Shivpuri and have a variety of river beach games. Despite these many benefits, their prices are reasonable and affordable. Other adventure activities provided by Camp Hammock are valley crossing, team games including leadership exercises, kayaking, bodysurfing, and day hiking.
Shivpuri and Rishikesh Rafting Rapids
It is interesting to note that there are various adventurous river rapids in Rishikesh and Shivpuri that have been given different names and their difficulty level keeps on changing all round the year. The ones which are difficult are attempted by the best river guides. Dangerous ones are avoided because safety is the biggest concern.
In the winters, Daniel's Dip is the most dangerous river rafting rapid located in Kaudiyala, Rishikesh. Most importantly in January and February, hitting the main point of this rapid can be really fatal.
In tourist season which is October to November and March to April, the Wall Rapid in Rishikesh is the most difficult one, as there are potential dangerous spots in it. Golf Course Rapid is exciting and enjoyable.
Difficulty Level of Ganges River Rapids
- The length of the rapid, so in case there is an “unplanned” swim for one or more participants, how long swim it will be.
- How far is the next rapid? Ganges is a pool drop river, so for most rapids there is a nice placid pool section which is why, Wall Rapid can be less dangerous than Golf course, as immediately after Golf Course, there is Club House Rapid.
- How tight is the line, i.e., if the raft veers off the planned route, how wide it can veer off. On the Ganges, only Wall has tight line. Other rapids are more or less okay.
- Are there any obstructions, rocks, etc.? On Ganges, there is hardly any rapid which has this danger which is why Ganges is considered as a very safe river for rafting.
- Are there any potentially sticky spots? Any place where a person can get stuck or beaten up? Again on Ganges such stuff is less. On Wall Rapid, there is a sticky edge on the left side. The record of being stuck in there is more than 7 hours. Overall, Ganges is a class III kind of river with ample safe rapids.
If you want to experience some more difficult river rapids and want to take your adventure to the highest level, then you should visit upper Alaknanda section, i.e., Chamoli-Rudraprayag area near Rishikesh Uttarakhand.