Fish Extender

1. talfonso profile image83
    talfonsoposted 4 years ago

I'm going on a cruise this September, on the Disney Dream, and this is my first time doing that "fish extender" thing.

If you don't know, a fish extender is like an inbox that hangs from a decorative knob next to a stateroom, usually a fish (hence the name). It's usually a hanging organizer, typically Disney-themed, Crew Members, random people, and even travel agents leave small gifts, excursion tickets, and such in the pockets.

I am a DISboards member, and this is my first time doing that fish extender exchange shindig. I'm planning to make small beaded gifts pertaining to the day at sea, which coincides with 9/11 remembrances. Obviously, they will be red, white, and blue-themed.

So, have you done a fish extender exchange? How was it, and what gift did you receive?

2. tirelesstraveler profile image82
    tirelesstravelerposted 4 years ago

I just heard about it for the first time today.  My friend is going on a Disney cruise in two weeks and was preparing for it.

1. talfonso profile image83
      talfonsoposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Wow - that's really neat! I'm making my own right now. I'm planning to make small gifts once I have the money.

working