10 Unknown jewels in your state

1. RGraf profile image92
    RGrafposted 8 years ago

10 Unknown jewels in your state

2. Kebennett1 profile image59
    Kebennett1posted 8 years ago

Solvang,: One of my favorite places. One of my favorite things to do there is every 3rd wednesday they have a farmers market with live entertainment on a street they close off from 2:30 to 6:00pm through October.
    The Santa Ynez Valley Region, is known especially for its outstanding chardonnay, pinot noir and syrah, but also produces superior riesling, sauvignon blanc, cabernet sauvignon, viognier and many other varietals in more than 70 vineyards. The drive alone in wine country is fantastic! The vinyards and wineries are beautiful. We go every year and never tire of it! The majority are small operations run by individuals or families. Los Olivas is a favorite small town of our in the area. My husband and I stopped in to a little wine tasting nook and had a wonderful glass of wine and a fruit and cheese platter. Buellton has Anderson's Restaurant with its fabulous all you can eat split pea soup with toppings! The Province of Ballard is a unique little community with a historical school house!
    Golf: The 18-hole "River Course" at the River Course at Alisal
    Horseback Riding: The Solvang Gardens Lodge, horseback riding at Alisal Guest Ranch and Resort, Santa Ynez Valley Marriott's Solvang and Santa Ynez Valley Ocean View Horseback Riding Package
    Missions: Mission Santa Inés, September 17, 1804 by Father Estevan Tapis
    Museums: Elverhøj Museum of History and Art, Vintage Motorcycle Museum, HANS CHRISTIAN ANDERSEN MUSEUM
    Parks: Hans Christian Anderson has a dynamite Skate Park, PicNic Areas, Tennis Courts, Beautiful old Tree at the far end of the Tennis courts, A walking/ jogging path, play areas for children.
    Spas:Hadsten House Inn and Spa, Divine Spa (Los Olivas)
    Valley Plaza Massage, Intermezzo, Serenity Skin Spa (Santa Ynez)
    Specialty Farms: Heather, wine grapes, MiniatureDonkeys, Miniature Horses, Ostriches
    Theaters: The Solvang Festival Theater. From June through October,
    Parks Plaza Theatre.
    Other: Waterfall Hike in Nojoqui Falls County Park
    http://www.solvangusa.com/static/index.cfm?contentID=14
    If you have never gone here, you are missing a lot of fun! You must eat in a local Solvang eatery and have the  Aebleskiver and Danish sausage! Oh, fantastic!

working