jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Where in Florida would you suggest people visit

1. usalocations profile image52
    usalocationsposted 8 years ago

Where in Florida would you suggest people visit

2. rsmallory profile image81
    rsmalloryposted 8 years ago

I'm from Naples but I now live in Texas. Orlando, Miami and Tallahassee are over rated. I would recommend something a little more off the radar-like Venice Beach or the historic city of St Augustine.

3. readytoescape profile image60
    readytoescapeposted 8 years ago

Depending on your taste, finances and level of relaxation or recreation levels you require Florida is probably the most diverse state to visit. Some of the best beaches are on the Treasure Coast, I would suggest Captiva or Sanibel Islands near Fort Meyers, you might also look into the Redneck Riviera near Pensacola. The best offshore fishing trips appear to be out of the Eastern Central Florida coast.

If you are interested in hunting, camping, freshwater fishing and the outdoors I suggest either the Everglades or the Ocala National Forest.

For the Theme Park stays the Disney Resort Hotels pretty much beat all. For a full week stay both the Disney World and Universal Parks (six in total) are fantastic, and now there are some tremendous deals going on for Resort stays and park tickets. One for example is for Active Military members visiting Disney. They will receive a FREE 5 day pass for all parks and can purchase up to five (5) additional matching tickets for just $99.00 each, that’s a savings of about $240.00 per person.

Have a great trip whatever you decide to do!

4. Ms_Shae profile image74
    Ms_Shaeposted 8 years ago

I, personally, love Destin. Stunning beaches and shopping opportunities. Daytona can be nice; very lush. I'm not a fan of Orlando, but of course there's Disney and a whole host of other things to do!

working