jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Should I study abroad even though it means that I'll have to increase my loans b

1. petiteletters profile image55
    petitelettersposted 7 years ago

Should I study abroad even though it means that I'll have to increase my loans by about 2k?

I've been really looking forward to this study abroad program that lasts for 10 weeks, but thinking about the cost makes it seem too much of an extravagance. Even if I study abroad, I'm pretty sure I can keep my overall loans for my entire 4 years of college around 8k or so.

2. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 7 years ago

10 weeks in a country you are studying will give you more appreciation and knowledge about the true lifestyle of the people than 10 years of reading books.

My only suggestion would be to make the most of it and really go out there and meet people, don't spend all of your time around students.

3. wordsscriber profile image61
    wordsscriberposted 7 years ago

You don't want to look back in your later years and wonder, why you let this experience pass you by.

4. 1150kaylamichelle profile image53
    1150kaylamichelleposted 7 years ago

Don't let chances like this pass you by. I think once I start college I will study abroad in South Africa.

5. nthdimension profile image60
    nthdimensionposted 7 years ago

Having lived abroad, I have to say that you should go for it. Time spent living abroad can open your eyes and give you a new appreciation for life both abroad and home. That experience will define you and give you a much better appreciation for so many small things from culture to food.