jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What do you think of London?

1. MaJo_BV profile image52
    MaJo_BVposted 7 years ago

What do you think of London?

I just love it! It is one of my favorite cities.
    It's classic and modern, metropolitan and eccentric.
    I would love to know what you my hub friends think.

2. profile image0
    UNLOVED ROHITposted 7 years ago

loved the people of that city but good place to visit not good for permanent resident there.

3. GGtimeshares profile image57
    GGtimesharesposted 7 years ago

Well ,London is exceptional. London is a rich country. It is the leading global city being the world's largest financial center alongside New York City.

4. alfredfox profile image75
    alfredfoxposted 7 years ago

The Swans at Hyde Park. The Theatres in London, Sitting by the River Thames at night and listening to the city. Shopping in Portabella Market in Notting Hill. Grabbing a "CrayFish and Rocket Sandwich" from one of the many Pret A Manger's in town. Hanging around Covent Garden for the entertainment. Meeting people from all over the world. Riding on the tubes. I could go on and on lol. Good question.

5. MaJo_BV profile image52
    MaJo_BVposted 7 years ago

London is magic, is multiculture, is freedom...
    I think is one of the best example of a city where people free free to be themselves and express their identity.
    I don't agree with Unloved Rohit, though. I think London is a better place to live and not just visit because of all the amazing attractions and possibilities that it offers, and that can only be enjoyed fully if you permanently (or at least for a long while) reside there.

6. POULOMI DUTTA profile image60
    POULOMI DUTTAposted 7 years ago

I have been living in london, to be more specific, south west london, for the past 5 months and I have traveled through the length and breadth of greater london. i personally feel central london is a horrid, squalid, dark and gloomy place with imposing colonial structures towering above narrow jam packed streets and blocking out all the sunlight!the spots of greenery in the midst of such urban squalor - such as green park, hyde park, kensington palace gardens and st james' park offer some relief to a city pent girl like me. honestly, there is hardly any difference between the cityscape of calcutta in india and london! my heart sinks every time i have to travel to the heart of london and i prefer travelling by the tube, rather than using the iconic red symbols - the smoke spewing double decker red buses.oxford street and piccadilly circus and the river side are a few exceptions. but overall central london is dark and drooping, gloomy and claustrophobic - it can put you to despair!
    i always prefer the genteel peace and tranquillity of the green suburbs over the frenetic pace and hurry of central london. you can actually breath the sweet fresh air in greater london and it is so picturesque. the place where i live - twickenham and richmond are very pretty with amazing views over the old father thames. i love the pastoral retreat of twickenham and richmond and every time i return from central london and travel towards richmond upon thames, my heart leaps up in joy!

p.s. avoid hounslow (south west london), croydon and norbury (south london) if you are allergic to multi-ethnic communities, dirt, dust and garbage!

working