jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

I will be visiting London soon, and am thinking of taking a trip to Scotland. CA

1. aquarianodyssey profile image60
    aquarianodysseyposted 6 years ago

I will be visiting London soon, and am thinking of taking a trip to Scotland. CAny recommendations?

2. 23Hudson profile image56
    23Hudsonposted 6 years ago

I haven't been to Scotland for about 15 years but the people were so wonderful. Edinburgh area is beautiful. Tour the castle. What are you interested in doing? I loved visiting the pubs and meeting wonderful people. Have fun! I can't wait to go back.

3. Knowledge Share profile image61
    Knowledge Shareposted 6 years ago

If you are thinking of going to Scotland from London then I would suggest you travel by train. The train fare sysytem in Britain is very confusing but if you book your tickets quite a way in advance then you can get them comparatively cheaply. I use a site called www.trainline.com to book my train tickets and with that site you can pay for tickets and then pick them up at the station on the day of travel which I guess would be good for you. I just checked and currently you can get tickets 1st class for £53.00 each way (£106 total journey) or just £18.50 in standard class. Id recommend first class because its quite a long journey (about 4 1/2 hours I think).

4. itsameanoldscene profile image59
    itsameanoldsceneposted 6 years ago

The home of golf - St Andrews stands out for me, as does Edinburgh - in England at the moment there is a big advertising campaign to visit Scotland;-