What are some strategies for saving space while packing suitcases/duffel bags?

1. RUSTYSCAGE profile image58
    RUSTYSCAGEposted 6 years ago

What are some strategies for saving space while packing suitcases/duffel bags?

I'm going on the road for about a month, making my way from Buffalo, NY to Los Angeles, CA with multiple stops on the way. I can only take what I can fit into my Camry, which will already be full of my girlfriend's stuff and our dog. HELP!

2. Jeannieinabottle profile image93
    Jeannieinabottleposted 6 years ago

Ouch!  Good luck with that.  One thing I learned from a friend was to roll up jeans and they take up less space than folding.  Also, try to pick just few pairs of shoes that you really like.  It is tough to narrow it down, but make sure to take a comfortable pair of shoes.  Any other shoes should be your smallest shoes that take up very little space.  Plus, you may want to discuss what items you can share along the way.  For example, if your friend is packing a blow dryer, there is no need for you to pack one as well. 

Good luck and have fun!

3. lmarsh1203 profile image59
    lmarsh1203posted 6 years ago

I had a friend who would roll up clothes and place them in plastic bag. (Like Ziploc bags) and squeeze the air out of each bag to make them air tight. It's the same principle as the storage bags and cubes on As Seen on TV, but cheaper. Hope that helps. Have a good trip.

working