jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What are hotels usually billed their clients for besides the room?

1. Miss Crayola profile image77
    Miss Crayolaposted 6 years ago

What are hotels usually billed their clients for besides the room?

I recently was in an 4-star hotel in Quebec City, Canada, and I was billed for the two local calls I made from my room.  Is it normal?

2. American_Choices profile image78
    American_Choicesposted 6 years ago

I worked in a hotel to learn the industry. Sadly, this is the norm. What is frustrating is often clients must use the land line because the cell phone reception is so terrible. Mountains and cement walls block the satellite.

The prices for the calls are exorbinate here in the United States.

The other "amendities" that are often billed are movies, resort fees, roll a ways, cribs, refrigerators, etc..  Quick tip - if you have a medical need for a refrigerator, typically IF you ask and explain it is medical often the fee will be waved.

Additionally, when booking your room, ask for the amendity to be included and then upon check in ask again. When you check out ask again. It is a royal pain but the dollars can really add up.

3. hoteltravel profile image70
    hoteltravelposted 6 years ago

Most hotels specify what are the perks included in room rates. Anything other than this is offered on a chargeable basis. It can be phone calls, internet access, movies, beverages kept in minibar, rollaway cots and lots more. You need to read fine print when making hotel reservations. I can understand how you felt when charged for two local calls, when you paid a substantial sum as room rent. That is how hotel industry works. Better luck next time.

4. travelsee profile image60
    travelseeposted 5 years ago

Ha - you should visit the UK wher many hotels still charge for internet access - unbelievable!

Closed to reply

working