Have you ever visited Old Fort Niagara in Western New York State near Niagara Fa

1. Chuck profile image92
    Chuckposted 5 years ago

Have you ever visited Old Fort Niagara in Western New York State near Niagara Falls?

Ft. Niagara is located a few miles east of Niagara Falls.  It is located on the American side of the Niagara River and played a role in American since colonial times when it was first constructed by the French and then captured by the British during the French and Indian War and later by Americans during the American Revolution.  It also saw action in the War of 1812 and part of it remained in service as a U.S. military installation until the Cold War of the 1950s and 1960s.  Today it is a major historic site and popular tourist attraction.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/81561_f260.jpg

2. Outbound Dan profile image100
    Outbound Danposted 5 years ago

I'm a Western New York native, so I've been to the Fort numerous times.  The best time to go, is around the 4th of July for French and Indian War encampment. The entire fort is filled with tents, reenactments, and sutlers.  You get a great feel for how Fort Niagara really was during the 18th century.     
    So, when you come visit Niagara Falls, just drive down the road a little bit till you reach the Fort.

3. Southern Muse profile image99
    Southern Museposted 5 years ago

I went during a trip to Niagra Falls.  It was wonderful to sit and watch the sailboats on the lake.  There was also plenty of room for my stepson to explore and play - with cannons, pretending to be a soldier, and just running out his energy.

working