jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

Would you relocate to another planet?

1. silverstararrow profile image81
    silverstararrowposted 5 years ago

Would you relocate to another planet?

Given the chance, would you move to another planet? If so, would it be an extended stay or a small getaway from our dear old earth?

2. profile image0
    mikeydcarroll67posted 5 years ago

Yep, I would move to the forest moon of endor

3. JKenny profile image93
    JKennyposted 5 years ago

Probably not, unless there was no other alternative. Although like Mikey, if they ever found a planet out there similar to Endor then I'd move in a heartbeat.

4. profile image0
    alloporusposted 5 years ago

No, I reckon this blue one is pretty good, challenging at times but it's home.

5. Availiasvision profile image82
    Availiasvisionposted 5 years ago

No, I like this one.  A vacation to space would be great.  Richard Branson better hurry it up with his Virgin Galactic.

6. AfricaResource profile image63
    AfricaResourceposted 5 years ago

I don't think we could ask for much more here on earth, space would definitely be worth a visit once Virgin Galactic bring the cost down a little.

7. freecampingaussie profile image61
    freecampingaussieposted 5 years ago

I would like to go for a visit however there is still so much here to see first !

8. Diane Woodson profile image60
    Diane Woodsonposted 5 years ago

No and thats a BIG NO! i don't think my body would survive the climate change!!

9. lburmaster profile image84
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Not really. We know this earth's history and I would focus on that. If we get a few geologists to the other planet and map out what occured, maybe. It depends on the data of survival.

10. ithabise profile image84
    ithabiseposted 5 years ago

A visit would do. We're better off where we are from what we know about the rest of the universe. I say a visit, but considering the "nearest" planets, a visit would probably be a relocation. I'd die before making it back!

11. profile image54
    Sebastian Tyrrellposted 5 years ago

Great question. One part of me says "no" for three reasons: because I love my home (even if I usually live a reasonable distance from it, in the words of Brendan Behan "home's a great place to get a letter from" (if memory serves he was quoting Joyce)), because I have barely scratched the surface of this planet and because even if we could easily move to another planet it wouldn't absolve us of the responsibility to take care of the one we've got.

That said.

YES. Tomorrow. Knowing I could never come back, yes I would. Because it would be a unique opportunity to be in the vanguard of the development of the human race, dealing with challenges no-one has ever had to face and to boldly split infinitives no-one has split before.

(my scratches on the surface are slowly and very behind the times described on my blog, "around the world without a clue" http://tyrrell.wordpress.com and in photos http://www.flickr.com/photos/sebastian_ … 253593915/)

working