jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Nice places in Europe to pass summer vacation? Any suggestions?

1. mbyL profile image82
    mbyLposted 5 years ago

Nice places in Europe to pass summer vacation? Any suggestions?

2. lburmaster profile image84
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Paris and Normandy in France. The gardens, The Thinker, architecture, food, people, style, meaning, etc. Anywhere a castle exists in Germany, there are plenty to keep you busy. Beautiful surroundings, interesting food, astounding history, and plenty to enjoy.
    I've been to each I described, not every castle though, and intend to go back at some point.

3. Heather Jacobs profile image62
    Heather Jacobsposted 5 years ago

I would suggest Nice, France which has a lovely coastline and a cute old town. Berlin or Hamburg, Germany is best seen in the summer months (and they are close to each other so you can go to both). I'm heading to Switzerland in July, I’ve never been there before, but I hope it will be nice!

4. nothuk profile image60
    nothukposted 5 years ago

I would recommend also a summer vacation in Eastern Europe - Bulgaria or Greece for example. Both countries have splendid beaches and nice tasty summer cuisine. There are usually some small traditional style towns near to the main resorts and there is the possibility for daily trips to interesting places.
    Summer is hot in both countries, but you can really enjoy an excellent holiday at some of the many nice beaches both in Greece and in Bulgaria.
    The major travel agents have some good suggestions both for big and small resorts, so you will have a good variety of choices.

working