jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Have you ever been on a Carnival Cruise? What are some money saving tips you car

1. ComfortB profile image86
    ComfortBposted 5 years ago

Have you ever been on a Carnival Cruise? What are some money saving tips you care to share?

Going on a cruise with my hubby & 3 kids (our first, so I need all the dos and don't I can get.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6813489_f260.jpg

2. profile image0
    Arlene V. Pomaposted 5 years ago

I have been on 7 cruises, but none of them were on a Carnival  cruise ship.  Just remember that it's the drinks that keep a cruise ship in business, so you will be bombarded with anything from soft drink dispensers (refillable throughout the cruise) to alcoholic drinks.  You will also have professional photographers taking photographs of you at every port and most cruise events.  Keep in mind that you don't have to buy them.  If you have a camera, taking your own photographs would be much cheaper and wouldn't take any fake posing.  You save money when you plan for the vacation and know where your money is going.  Take about a year or more to save for your cruise.  Plan your excursions carefully and know what you can afford.  Do your research and plan for more inexpensive outings.  You need to plan because it all adds up.  Don't go crazy when it comes to buying souvenirs unless you absolutely want something that will sit and gather dust once you get home.

ComfortBposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, some great tips you have here. The cruise is done being paid. The excursion part is what I'm a little in the dark about, I actully thought those come with the cruise. I appreciate your input.

3. TravelAbout profile image72
    TravelAboutposted 5 years ago

I have been on Carnival as well as other cruise lines.  Shore excursions are not included but you can do what you want on shore without paying for an excursion.  You can book your shore excursions in advance of your cruise.  Each cruise line website has an area to look over the details of all shore excursions and you can pay and book them in advance.  I do it that way because to wait and book them once your on board may mean waiting in line to pay and book as well as taking a chance that the excursion you want to take is already sold out.  You can also book excursions through private excursion companies which sometimes can be a little less expensive.  Here is good link that explains this in detail. http://www.shipcriticblog.com/take-a-sh … -your-own/

Hope this is of help.  Happy Sailing.

ComfortBposted 5 years agoin reply to this

That was a great read on that link you provided. Thanks a lot!

working