jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What Are Some Fun Things To Do In Norfolk, Virginia?

1. PhoenixV profile image75
    PhoenixVposted 5 years ago

2. Paul Kuehn profile image95
    Paul Kuehnposted 5 years ago

I visited Norfolk 25 years ago and I remember having a good afternoon at the Douglas MacArthur Memorial and at the city's botanical gardens.  There are also a lot of interesting historical sites not too far from Norfolk such as Jamestown, Yorktown, Williamsburg and Bush Gardens.

3. bamuscarella profile image80
    bamuscarellaposted 5 years ago

Like Paul said, you're not too far from Jamestown, where you can visit the historical Jamestown settlement; Williamsburg, another historical town; Yorktown, which has amazing waterfront views and a very peaceful, cozy atmosphere (and good fishing spots); Virginia Beach, for some swimming and fun water sports; and of course Busch Gardens.  If you go around Halloween, the weather shouldn't be too bad, and both Busch Gardens and Williamsburg have Halloween-themed events going on at that time.

4. janiek13 profile image80
    janiek13posted 5 years ago

Hello PhoenixV, my sister lives in Virginia Beach with her husband and they are always going to one concert or another. There are quite a few nearby venue. They also have a great pier with lots of things to do. I don't know what you are into, but you could google your interest and see what comes up in Norfolk.

working