If you were driving from New York to Atlanta what is the most scenic route?

1. profile image57
    mom23posted 5 years ago

If you were driving from New York to Atlanta what is the most scenic route?

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

To do this trip at a pace that will allow you to enjoy it, here are some things on the way, that are not far off the highway and can be seen in less than a few hours. If all you've got to devote to the drive is a couple of days, then I'd stick to I-95 and I-85, and concentrate on hiking in parks that memorialize the American Revolution, such as Mount Vernon, Guilford Court House, Kings Mountain National Military Park, and Cowpens National Battlefield. If I had more time and wanted to pursue caving and scenic drives, I'd follow I-78, I-81, I-181 and I-85 and see Luray Caverns or Skyline Caverns, drive a bit on the Blue Ridge Parkway and Skyline Drive, and make a detour through Great Smoky Mountains National Park. But there is simply no way follow this second route, see these things, and still get from New York to Atlanta in two days.

3. peeples profile image94
    peeplesposted 5 years ago

I can't speak of north of Virginia but once reaching Virginia I would suggest getting on the Blue Ridge Parkway. Once you reach the North Carolina/ South Carolina border get on highway 11 which will take you to the Georgia Border. The Blue Ride Parkway is over 400 miles of beautiful mountains, views, and waterfalls. Hwy 11 also has lots of waterfalls and scenic stops along the way.