jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Favorite travel snack foods - please share with us your tips. What travels well

1. GmaGoldie profile image78
    GmaGoldieposted 4 years ago

Favorite travel snack foods - please share with us your tips. What travels well for you?

For years I traveled for business and on rare occasions I traveled for fun. Whatever the purpose, a day trip away from home, an extensive business trip or a fun trip abroad, what foods do you purposefully purchase or craft for your journey? Do you carry a thermal picnic bag with you? If so when?

2. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 4 years ago

It's been a long time since I traveled, but granola bars have always worked well. They give you just enough of what your body needs to make it to the next meal.  We used to buy a lot of food on the road, and I know that is expensive but it seemed like part of the fun.

3. JimTxMiller profile image77
    JimTxMillerposted 4 years ago

Jerky, cheeses, buttery ("Ritz") crackers, chips, nuts, homemade trail mixes, chocolate, the list goes on.

4. nochance profile image92
    nochanceposted 4 years ago

This last school year I ended up taking quite a few day trips with my friends. My mom always had a snack bag for our family road trips so I started doing the same.

I've packed water bottles, bottles of orange juice (our trips started early in the morning and it's a healthier alternative to pop), cheeze-its, apple sauce, granola bars, and usually some type of chip.

I like to mix it up so I'm not eating the same thing for every trip. It's much cheaper than buying things at gas stations.

5. traildudes profile image75
    traildudesposted 4 years ago

we always carry a bag of TrailNuts smile Mixed nuts with something chocolate covered and some dried fruit smile

6. freecampingaussie profile image61
    freecampingaussieposted 4 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8011556_f260.jpg

We are traveling thru Europe right now in a campervan & we make our own coffee , meals as we go. For snacks we like dried fruit , Apples/ Cheese & crackers . Salad  etc . Like to try diferent things we find . We like our own cooking most of the time and the variety of choice.

working