jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

If teleportation were possible, cheap, almost perfectly safe, would you use it?

1. wjlambert profile image77
    wjlambertposted 4 years ago

If teleportation were possible, cheap, almost perfectly safe, would you use it?

I would definitely travel by teleportation.  This is of course assuming it had an unlimited worldly range.  No more would I be caught in traffic, concerned whether my baggage arrived with me, or that I was stuck in a foreign land.

2. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 4 years ago

Yes, what you say is true and it is tempting but what do you mean by "almost perfectly safe?"  That line sums up my feelings. It would have to be safe....really safe.

wjlambertposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I mean that no form of transportation is 100%.  But I might have put more information in the question if I was allowed to write "100x more safe than flying"

3. ameliam.michelle1 profile image79
    ameliam.michelle1posted 4 years ago

Yes, would love to travel through teleportation. Yes, agreeing with you on the unlimited worldly range. Teleportation also has another advantage. It will keep our planet safe and greener. Don't you think?

wjlambertposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I surely wish it were technologically possible to teleport, if for nothing more than speed (assuming it was instantaneous.  But we don't really know that it would be "clean".  What if it takes more power than any other transport method we use today?

2. ameliam.michelle1 profile image79
      ameliam.michelle1posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Absolutely true, just imagine reaching that place in a matter of nano seconds that too without going through the hassles which we normally face at airports!

4. profile image0
    Ben Blackwellposted 4 years ago

I would use it to travel great distances, but not small distances.  I would make sure to keep myself in shape.  I don't want it to be like one of Isaac Asimov's short stories.

working