jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do you primarily write (negative) reviews?

1. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 4 years ago

Do you primarily write (negative) reviews?

When your expectations are (met) or you had a (great) time at a resort hotel, restaurant, cruise, movie or other hospitality venue are you the type of person who posts (positive) reviews online and responds to surveys? I suspect more people are quicker to post a "negative review" when they are (disappointed or unhappy) with a product or service. Happy or content people seldom “find the time” to post positive reviews. Have you posted more (positive) reviews than negative ones about products and services?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8325894_f260.jpg

2. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 4 years ago

I have to say I've posted more positive reviews. I know some people figure if you don't have something good to say don't say it. If I have a negative experience, I'll also share that with reviews. I do both so I can guide people to what I believe to be the best service or product and away from the duds.

3. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 4 years ago

I post both positive and negative reviews.  I like to let a company know when I have gotten good service. And also I think it is the right thing to do to contact a company when they have not met expectations. If we do not complain and tell them what is wrong, we do not give them the opportunity to improve.

4. Edward J. Palumbo profile image86
    Edward J. Palumboposted 4 years ago

I often review on Yelp and TripAdvisor, and the great majority of my reviews are positive (3 or 4 out of 5 stars). I find many of the negative reviews to be less than objective, and individual issues the restaurant or hotel cannot avoid; however, if I'm in a restaurant and I witness poor cleanliness, vermin, unsanitary conditions, careless cooking or dreadful customer service, I feel obliged to make note of it. When a restaurant is short-staffed and busy, I expect the service to be slower and I don't criticize that. If my plate, utensils or table are soiled, I will politely ask for a replacement. I try to be objective but, unfortunately, there are times when a negative review is well-deserved.

working