Need advice on using photos of original artwork.

1. Lew Marcrum profile image95
    Lew Marcrumposted 3 years ago

Need advice on using photos of original artwork.

I would like to publish a hub about folk art, and I'd like to include several photos.  All photos are my own, myself being the photographer, and all art objects are either owned by me or I had verbal permission to photograph them.  What are the HP rules governing such things?

2. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 3 years ago

I could be wrong, but as long as they're your original photos there shouldn't be any problem with using them. You can place your name in the "source" box because you're the photographer and list the name of the artist in the caption so people know who created the art.

3. brutishspoon profile image67
    brutishspoonposted 3 years ago

You can use any images that you have permission to, if it is a photo of someone else's work you should attribute the artist.

I have used a few of my own digital art pieces in my hubs but I've not done much with them.

Another tip to help you get views is to open the properties on your images, name them and give them tags. Do all this on your PC before uploading them to HP. Give them a 5 star rating to and past your article into the comments box on the Photo properties page. All this helps with SEO.