Recreational Vehicle Electrical issues. Light covers melting...Help?

1. profile image61
    Sandytoesroseposted 4 months ago

Recreational Vehicle Electrical issues. Light covers melting...Help?

I bought a 84 pace arrow rv...it's a lemon. I plugged it in to my home & blew a breaker with 2 heaters on. Changed to a better heater & worked at a reduced output. Later I moved to a different locale w/a new breaker/receptacle & power improved. Later as I turned my lights off I noticed that my rv light covers were all melting. Turned off everything including breaker. After reading some messages I realize that maybe my frig is messed up. It stopped working a few weeks ago & I noticed it worked only when the batteries were connected so I left them on now it is no longer cooling. Please help.

2. profile image61
    Sandytoesroseposted 4 months ago

I know nothing about rv's thought it would be easy and cheap to live in. Huge mistake. First the engine blew on road, had to have new head gasket...etc.. The man was suppose to check everything else out for me but did not. I was plugged into an old house so blowing fuses was normal. The ceramic heater couldn't get up past 58 degrees. Later I moved to new place where my brother added a new breaker and receptical to his electrical panel. The heater worked great. I had an extension plugged into a surge protector & this was the first thing I had noticed, I stepped on it & unplugged it so I bent to plug it it again and that's when I noticed the spot on the surge protector was yellow and looked like it was burnt. I don't know if it was there beforehand and dunno much about the tree it was used...so it could have had something to do with that. But nothing had ever melted before so I'm not sure what to believe. When I drove it to the new location I also noticed a loud noise coming from the middle of the rv that only came on when the engine was turned over...it is somewhere the shower which on the outside is where the generator is located but it does not work either so I have no idea what it was. I also noticed at the old place that the microwave did spark once when I had that and the heater on. I know this may all be scattered but I don't how to better explain it but to tell you all that had happened. The acs also did not work when I got this thing. The water heater light also does not stay on all the time and the hot water does not work nor does the water in the kitchen sink. This is what happens when you know nothing about something and purchase it without help. Now I need help.

working