jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (12 posts)

I got a new pooch!

1. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 4 years ago

I volunteer at our local animal shelter sometimes, and last week, I made the mistake of taking the old man with me. We adopted a dog on the spot! We picked him up from the vet's today, and he and the Great Danes are getting along. We named him "Sparkplug," or "Sparky," for short. He's awesome!

1. paradigmsearch profile image91
      paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Looks like he just finished writing a hub...

1. habee profile image92
        habeeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, he's a big help. Wish he had thumbs, though! lol

2. rebekahELLE profile image93
    rebekahELLEposted 4 years ago

Cute!  Hi Sparky.

I love that Habee. You gave him a loving home. smile

1. habee profile image92

And he's already right at home here!

3. 0
    Motown2Chitownposted 4 years ago

Never take Daddy with you to the shelter, or send him an email pic of a furry black kitten with blue eyes.  You always end up with one more pet in the house. wink

1. habee profile image92

I hear ya, Mo!

4. RTCashTips profile image61
    RTCashTipsposted 4 years ago

Aww what a stinky butt

5. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 4 years ago

We can't figure out Sparky's story. He wandered into our yard about a month ago, and I called the shelter to see if anyone had called about a missing Basset hound. The shelter came and got it, and when Johnny and I went to the shelter last week, we saw him. This dog is obviously a purebred, and he's potty trained, has had his nails clipped, and has been on heart worm prevention. He's used to being indoors and sleeping on a couch. Sparky just has to belong to someone. My best guess is that he got away from someone from the interstate, when they stopped to get gas or eat. We're only a block from a busy interstate. But...if that happened with one of my dogs, I'd sure as heck be contacting every animal shelter in the area, wouldn't you?

Oh, and BTW, he LOVES ribeye steak!

6. agilitymach profile image100
    agilitymachposted 4 years ago

Congrats to you for rescuing a dog.  What a cutie too!!!  Such great dogs are available in the shelter/breed rescue system.  Congrats to you!!!

7. Maria Cecilia profile image79
    Maria Ceciliaposted 4 years ago

he is adorable, i thought he is a beagle....congrats Habee., for sure he will be a lucky dog

8. gramarye profile image60
    gramaryeposted 4 years ago

Congratulations! He looks lovely!