jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Can anyone tell me how to Save Your Pet's Life During Emergenies

1. sandhyap profile image61
    sandhyapposted 8 years ago

Hi Friends

I Love Pets Especially Cats Do You LOve Them?

Some times it's the pets who are the only "persons" to love us unconditionally. However, many pets are lost to storms, floods and tornados each year. Let us find out what simple steps we can take to save our pet's life.

2. drummer boy profile image60
    drummer boyposted 8 years ago

you are taking the first step which is just being aware that there is a problem, next is setting up secure places to put them in the case of a disaster or storm, make sure you have plenty of food and water for them.  A first aid kit is a nice thing to have on hand as well as some calm music to play, it sounds silly, but it works.

3. momzilla52 profile image62
    momzilla52posted 8 years ago

The American Red Cross offers a First Aid Certificate for handling Pet emergiences.  You receive a first aid bag, a book and take a class to learn how to do CPR, bandage and to assess the situation.  It is a good course and outlines what you should have on hand for a natural emergency also.

Kat smile

4. PetMemorialWorld profile image83
    PetMemorialWorldposted 8 years ago

I agree with the other responses.  Saving your pets life in an emergency begins with your actions now - not once you are in the middle of an emergency.