jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Is it really possible to love someone (or anyone) unconditionally?

1. Tia Maria profile image70
    Tia Mariaposted 6 years ago

Is it really possible to love someone (or anyone) unconditionally?

2. chasemillis profile image67
    chasemillisposted 6 years ago

No, unconditional love is perfect love, which we are incapable of

3. moonfairy profile image80
    moonfairyposted 6 years ago

yes. The love I feel for my family is so deeply instilled that even through the worst times, I've never stopped loving them. I know that unconditional love reigns supreme when it's your own child, or grandchild. The love is so deep and so strong that nothing can deter it...it is there forever...no matter what. I may get upset, but I never stop loving.

4. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 6 years ago

It may be possible but it's unhealthy! Anyone who does not have "deal breakers" probably (does not love themself or they have a very low self esteem).
    At some point a "reasonable person" will stand up and say, "I won't stay with someone who cheats on me, physically abuses me, lies to me over and over again, disappears, does not show me consideration, .....whatever etc. Everyone is entitled to have "deal breakers". Unconditional implies (no matter what is done) to you or said about you that you will always remain by that individual's side either mentally, emotionally, or physically.

5. debbie roberts profile image82
    debbie robertsposted 6 years ago

I think that for our children  we can have unconditional love, we may not always like them but we will always love them. I don't think that applies for parents and partners though as the bond is different.

6. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

Yes, a good example of that is a parent's love for a child.

7. profile image0
    writeronlineposted 6 years ago

Yes. Believe it.

Love is in the heart. Conditions reside in the brain.

Unfortunately, too many people feel the need, (because they personally haven't experienced it, or doubt that it could be possible in their own lives), to dismiss the idea that it's possible for others.

But that's just their opinion.  Doesn't affect the reality.

8. juiwei2000 profile image61
    juiwei2000posted 6 years ago

I can image loving your children unconditionally, apart from that...no.

9. litsabd profile image75
    litsabdposted 6 years ago

Being a mom of 3 boys I can answer that at once : Definately yes!

10. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

i don't think so. i would like to believe it's possible but i don't. i love my kids but if one of them turned out to be a pedophile or a serial killer, i would stop loving them without a doubt. people will say unconditional love is possible but if something extreme happens, i think that would change.