jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Images of America Series Is Great!

1. SweetiePie profile image84
    SweetiePieposted 8 years ago

I am excited because two of my supervisors wrote and published books in the Images of America series.  I have not seen the ones for other parts of the country, but the books in the Images of America Southern California series are just superb and great pieces of local history.  I recommend reading some of the great books in this series if you get the chance.

2. thranax profile image58
    thranaxposted 8 years ago

Cool, I imagine that is interesting smile

~thranax~

3. SweetiePie profile image84
    SweetiePieposted 8 years ago

There should be one on the local town or city where you live also and would be of interest for anyone who wants to know more about the local history.

1. thranax profile image58
      thranaxposted 8 years ago in reply to this

The local history of my area I would rather go experience myself then read in a book smile I thought thats why they were made, for people who don't come from that area!

~thranax~

SweetiePieposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Actually as a history major I must say reading the book is essential to learning more about the area, even if you live there.  It is great to visit landmarks, but how will we ever learn about the significance of these places unless we read widely and extensively about it.  I enjoy doing both.  Exploring and reading go hand in hand smile.

One word, Tour Guide =P
          But yes, I get how they go together and History is Historical.

~thranax~

SweetiePieposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I am a history addict, so I should keep in mind most people would probably want a tour guide.  It is much easier that way smile.

smile

~thranax~

working