jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Cash for Clunkers

1. spiderpam profile image59
    spiderpamposted 7 years ago

Car Allowance Rebate System (CARS) - Cash for Clunkers Bill
    The purpose of the bill is to remove older, inefficient cars from the road, and stimulate the auto industry, which has fallen on hard times. A similar program recently occurred in Germany and was very successful. Do your old Clunker qualify?

To be eligible for a voucher, the car must be in running order and meet the following criteria:
    Car must be at least 10 years old and have been made after 1984.
    Trade-in must get 18 mpg or less in combined highway and city driving.
    Must be registered and insured in purchaser’s name for 1 year prior to trade-in.
    For more details check out this site. <no links please!>
    If you qualify, what new cars are you looking to buy? Do you think the plan will work?

2. Lady_E profile image82
    Lady_Eposted 7 years ago

This is a good idea Pam.  Can the plan work?  Yes, it can.  smile

3. 0
    dennisemattposted 7 years ago

the cashback isnt enough for me to be able to afford a NEW hybrid car. I cant afford the whole lump sum, and if I somehow miracoulsly get financing, I cant afford the insurance. Im stuck with my car, gas guzzling and all. Im not a jerk, I truly cant get anything else.

4. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 7 years ago

Umm, none of my business of course, but why it has to be new and hybrid?

And if I remember correctly, you live sort of in the middle of nowhere, so may be the truck IS the best option for you? smile

5. Eaglekiwi profile image72
    Eaglekiwiposted 7 years ago

Sounds good
    We had been shopping around for a car last few weeks ,and I am amazed how much money they (car sales) are asking for used cars.

They are not trying real hard to sell them either !!just dont make sense to me, guess Im not the only one , cuz wasnt any driving outta the lot in the time we were there.