jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

2012 Hyundai accent

1. thighhighchick profile image61
    thighhighchickposted 5 years ago

I am looking at an accent because of price and warranty
    I dont make a lot of money and this car has every option for $16,300. Any advice?

1. Cari Jean profile image92
      Cari Jeanposted 5 years ago in reply to this

In 2001 I bought my first new car - a Hyundai Elantra - it wasn't too expensive and has a great warranty. I still have the car and although it's a little beat up (hail damage, accident, etc.) I have never regretted buying this car. It has over 90,000 miles on it and we have barely put anything into it. It is a 5 speed and still has the original clutch. Plus it gets over 30 mph on the highway. This has been my experience.

2. mattdigiulio profile image80
      mattdigiulioposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I like the Accent a lot as well. I would go with Hyundai over Kia, but I'd also check out the Toyota Yaris. But I recommend the Accent. If you want to find well-priced cars in your region, I'm a huge fan of using www.cars.com, which can filter cars to whatever price/color/etc preference you want...
      Good luck! Best, matt

2. thighhighchick profile image61
    thighhighchickposted 5 years ago

Thanks for your help guys

3. Nick Mercurio profile image61
    Nick Mercurioposted 5 years ago

I bought a 2010 Accent a year ago for $11,000 (because I financed with them) and it has been fine so far. If all you're looking for is to get from point A to point B, then this is great. Good on gas, its small size makes it great for zooming in and out of traffic, and it looks pretty good too. I'd say go for it.

thighhighchickposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The one I am looking at has Marple of 17600. It has to be automatic and want cruise
      What do you think is a good price to pay?

thighhighchickposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Got it for just under $16,000.00

4. 60
    BufordGrayposted 5 years ago

Hyundai is kicking some serious butt out there, they have one of THE best insurance ever offered. I drive a hyundai and its been a really nice ride.
    Slim Berry

5. earnestshub profile image86
    earnestshubposted 5 years ago

I bought an Hyundai Sonata top of the range in 1990. The Bitsarmisin I mean Mitsubishi based drive train was crap so I sold it with 35,000 on the clock because I could feel it was going down hill fast.

The new models have new and better designed drive trains and are now amongst the best. Hard to go wrong with the Accent. It is well made and assembled. smile

6. 60
    amandawillsonposted 4 years ago

Hi there, just want to share that the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration issued a recall for nearly 15,000 Sonata Hybrids on Friday. The recall concerns problems with the vehicle's center rear seat belts. While a recall is not very uncommon, the Korean automaker's reaction was. It intends to petition the NTHSA and challenge part of the recall. You can get if you want a new Sonata.