Top 10 Hot Jobs in Idaho Falls - Alternative Energy
Historic Downtown Idaho Falls
Historic Downtown Idaho Falls is the city's urban revitalization center. Planned economic development brings new jobs downtown. These include annual events like Alive After Five, Fourth of July Fireworks, the Farmer's Market, and a growing list of business attractors. Residences downtown are in increasing demand, with additional living spaces planned in construction of condominiums and residential hotels. At the same time, historic buildings are being refurbished and added to the list of US National Historic Sites.
The Eastside of Idaho Falls hosts the more politically liberal Numbered Streets district, while the Westside across Snake River is more rural/conservative. The Westside underwent city development in the 1960s, but a resurgence of growth an deconomic planning for this neightborrhood ahs lasted from the late 1980s - late 2000s, with additional plans for decades.
Idaho Falls MSA
Idaho Falls serves as a regional hub for health care, travel and business in southeast Idaho.
Number 16 among the Top 30 Cities for Jobs in the US, as awarded by CareerBuilder.com, Idaho Falls is located in Booneville County. Bonneville and Jefferson counties comprise a metropolitan statistical area, now called the Idaho Falls MSA. Idaho Falls enjoys a population of approximately 54,000.
Idaho Falls lies along the Idaho riverbelt formed by Snake River, which flows through the city center. During eary Idaho settlement in the 1800s, the falls was taken over by a sharp man named Taylor, who built a toll road across it. Mormon settlers traveled to the area as well as trappers, traders,and gold miners, and provided business trade and a large LDS Temple. The town that grew up along the route at the falls was named Taylor's Bridge, and then Taylor's Crossing before receiving the name Idaho Falls.
Idaho Falls maintains the area surrounding the river via city budget allocations, donations, and grants. Ongoing development and expansion adds additional greenway areas, residences, and businesses to the riverbelt area to boost the economy. Such local and tourist attractions include a footbridge over the falls at the location formerly known as Taylor’s Crossing, new parks, and a new baseball diamond.
Plans For Growth
Cities awarded a slot on the Top 30 List are able to create and offer a greate rnumber of jobs than some other cities, because their planners successfully implement ongoing economic development that draws new and expanding businesses as well as additional residents into their cities. The Idaho Falls Economic Development entity, Grow Idaho Falls, continually expands the city's business base to create high-quality jobs in the Greater Idaho Falls area and surrounding two-county MSA. They accomplish this by providing:
- Low business overhead - low-cost utilities and real estate, with beneficial tax structures and incentives.
- High standard of living - affordable housing, community cooperation, neighborhood revitalization and development, festivals and events, tourism, and recreation.
- Developing infrastructure - transportation, telecommunications, tech support, and strong training programs for workers.
- Development of alternative energy sources and sustainability in business and government.
- Idaho National Laboratory (INL) - Government research, design, and development regarding energy. This includes Nuclear Energy, Homeland Security, and the Environment. At least 50 separate programs are in development. INL have an extensive community outreach program, including partnering with local organizations. IHL News Room.
- Battelle Energy Alliance - Research and design services for alternative energy; commercial physical and biological research. Annual sales $301,800,000. Part of the larger Battelle Memorial Insitute HQ in Columbus, Ohio the #1 Technology City in America for 2008. Sites worldwide.
- Idaho Falls School District #91
- CH2M Hill WG - Environmental Management Services
- Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center
- Melaleuca, Inc. - Founded with tea tree oil products, expanding to health and beauty. Highly successful and providing a Charitable Foundation that benefits communities.
- Bechtel BWXT, Idaho
- Bonneville Joint School District #93
- City of Idaho Falls - Government
Sustainability and Clean Energy
INL's Ice Storm Supercomputer
Top 10 Fast Growing Jobs
- Customer Service Representatives - 91% increase through 2016
- Electrical & Electronic Engineering Technicians 70%
- Computer Apps Software Engineers 67%
- All Other Engineers 62.0% - Includes environmental.
- Network Systems & Data Communications Analysts 55%
- Conveyor Operators 53%
- Sales/related jobs 52% - Wholesale and retail, including supervisors.
- Personal/Home Care Aides 52%
- Business Operations Specialists 51%
- Electrical & Electronic Equipment Assemblers 51.0% - Related to engineering and tech jobs at Number 2 in this list.
Most of these Top 10 Jobs deal in business, sales, and computers & electronics. A portion of this is encompassed by the Sustainability/Alternative Energy Industry.
Additional Fast Growing Jobs
- Cost Estimators - Construction and other projects.
- Sales & Services Representatives
- Bill & Account Collectors
- Pharmacy Technicians - Short-term and On the Job training is available.
- Network/Computer Systems Administrators
- Social & Human Service Assistants
Center for Advanced Energy Studies
Sports and Recreation
Idaho Falls is near some of the best known recreational areas in the US. These include Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks as well as Sun Valley, Targhee, Henry's Lake, Craters of the Moon, the Sawtooths, Island Park, Jackson Hole, and a numberof US National Forests. These areas offer year around sporting activities for individuals and families.
Read more about sports and receation choices at Idaho Falls Lifestyle Activities.
Higher Education - Partnering Schools Save Money
Eastern Idaho Technical College continues to expand is campus and academic offerings, as well as partnering with government and local bsuinesses to develop new jobs. Originally a vocational and technical school, it seeks the name of "College of Eastern Idaho."
Many of the Top Cities for Jobs and Business around the USA from 200 - 2009 have increased their economic growth and success with the partnering of separate higher education facilties in order to maximize the education dollar and job prospects of attending students. Such a partnership in Idaho Falls, University Place, offers a dual enrollment option that permits students to experince programs at both the University of Idaho and Idaho State University simulatanously, without increased tuition.
The Center for Advanced Energy Studies partners with the schools above, the Idaho National Laboratory and local businesses.
Wind Energy - DVDs
More by this Author
- EDITOR'S CHOICE8
Phoenix lost many jobs in the Recession of 2008 -2010, but began to recover during 3rd Quarter 2011. With a job surge in 2012, Phoenix enters 2013 with the most on-seasonal new jobs created in the local market for some...
California experienced financial setbacks in the 2000s, but aerospace began to grow. California is home to more aerospace companies in NASA's Commercial Crew than any other US State. Go Mars! Go Moon!
After much hard work in writing countless resumes, cover letters, and job applications, employment candidates hope to interview well, impress the hiring officer, and secure the job. We can help with the information in...