Great Jobs In Spartanburg SC, A Top Producer of Patents
Number One in South Carolina
Spartanburg, South Carolina lies in the foothills of the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains and is the County Seat of the county of the same name. Good fishing and vacationing are everywhere around. The turning point of the Revolutionary War was fought here at what is now the Cowpens National Battlefield. Spartanburg had the first airport in the state and boasts the largest theater in Sought Carolina as well. For many reasons, it is a good place to live and an economic enhancement to the rest of the state.
In 2007, Spartanburg was rated the best city in South Carolina in which to live by Cities Ranked and Rated. I has been rated the first Bicycle Friendly town in America an done of the Top 25 Best Cities in which to attend college, which is evident from the education section offered below.
Innovation and Patents
Real estate in the area is affordable and the plan to expand and improve recreation and parks facilities and programs has under a full surge of energy, especially in going green and eco-friendly. Along with all that, Spartanburg us actively seeking Young Adult Professionals to relocate to the city and surrounding area, and it is a fine place for mid-careerists as well.
Clemson University studied the Greenville-Spartanburg-Anderson Metropolitan Area in 2005. Looking at the degrees of innovative-ness achieved, the study found that this metro area generally produces between 1 and 2 new patents per every 1000 people, placing it at Number 14 in the Southern United States in innovation.
The city is also Number One in South Carolina for innovation and patents. This provides a foundation for new and expanded businesses, with the new jobs they bring with them. In this case, new patents translates into new economic strength.
Spartanburg On the Map
Top 5 Spartanburg Industries 2006 - 2016
- Management of companies and enterprises - 1,800+ new jobs forecasted during the decade. In fact, this figure was met in 2014.
- Limited service eating places (casual dining/fast food) - 931 new jobs
- Insurance agencies, brokerages, etc. - 900+ new jobs
- Misc. durable goods, merchant wholesaling - approx. 700 new jobs
- Services to commercial buildings/dwellings - approx. 600 new jobs
Medical and Health Facilities in Spartanburg Area
Openings in management of facilities readily extends to the healthcare and medical sectors of service industries. The following hospitals and clinics offer job listings and/or training programs at their web sites.
Nursing and Travel Nursing are lucrative positions, and Nurse Managers are in demand. Many healthcare professionals can enter a "travelers" program in which extra benefits including rental payments are supplied.
Hospitals in Spartanburg:
Hospitals in Nearby Greenville.
Top 10 Job Openings in Spartanburg Area
- Sales positions
- Healthcare - Technicians, physicians. therapists and aides.
- Skilled Labor
- Nursing Professions: RNs, NPs, and LPNs - Travel Nursing, too.
- Logistics/Facilities Management, Maintenance/ Transportation
- Manufacturing/Operations jobs
- Engineering positions, including Environmental and Green Industries
- Business Development Professionals
- Information Technology (IT)
Job Listings For Spartanburg
Spartanburg, South Carolina Employment
Click on the link to find career opportunities in many of the major businesses in Spartanburg, at area hospitals, with local and county government; school systems, colleges, and libraries; local media, and non-profits. Relocation resources are also listed.
NFL Training Camps
- Carolina Panthers - Wofford College @ Gibbs Stadium.
Minor League Baseball at Duncan Park Stadium
- Stingers (Plain League)
- Crickets (Collegiate League)
College Sports, Men's and Women's
- USC Upstate Spartans
- Spartanburg Methodist College Pioneers
- Wofford College Terriers
- Southern Conference - HQ
Nearby Sports Teams
- Clemson Tigers
- University of South Carolina Gamecocks.
Colleges and Universities
Spartanburg Community College - SCC
- PO Box 4386
- Spartanburg, SC 29305-4386
- Phone: (864) 592-4600
SCC is a public community and technical college that uses the Semester System of education in order to award 2-year Associated Degrees and official shorter term Certificates in a variety of disciplines and technologies.
This school is accredited and a member of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools and the College Board.
Committed to an education for everyone, SCC offers a variety of programs in addition to classroom learning. These include:
- Distance Learning - online classes to provide learning at any time convenient to the student. Great for housebound students, single parents, and many others. Ten Percent of all courses are taught completely online and 25% partially online.
- Double Major
- Dual Enrollment of High School Students - students attend college classes prior to HS graduation and thus gain an early start on their post-secondary achievements. This places them closer to productive and satisfying gainful employment at an earlier age.
- Independent Study - study closely with a professor or instructor.
- Weekend College - excellent for working adults.
- Work-Study - in partnership with area businesses to promote Trade and Industry in South Carolina.
A variety of counseling and guidance is available for diverse groups of students to ensure their success at SCC. In addition, the campus offers 750 computer stations for a total of around 4500 students, many of whom own their own computers or laptops. The digital divide has thus been closed at SCC, with ample computer and Internet access, including Wi-Fi.
SCC - Above Average Salaries
SCC Short-Term Study Certificate Courses
- Architectural Drafting
- Child Care Service
- Commercial and Advertising Art - Includes graphic design and web development.
- Culinary Arts/Chef Training
- Dental Assistant
- Dental Hygiene
- HVAC Mechanics
- Industrial Electricity
- Industrial Equipment Maintenance & Repair
- Mechanical Drafting
- Medical Records Technology
- Medical Administrative Assistance
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Laboratory Assistant
- Nursing - Practical Nursing (LPN)
- Office Clerical Services
- Pharmacy Assistance
- Physical Therapy Assistant
- Sign Language Interpretation
- Surgical Technology
- Welding Technology
- Business Administration/Management
- Civil Engineering/Technology
- Electrical Engineering Technologies
- Hospitality Administration/Management
- Hotel/Motel Management
- Marketing Management
- Medical Radiologic Technology
- Nursing (RN) -- see Travel Nursing
- Restaurant/Food Services Management
- Clinical/Medical Laboratory Technology
- Respiratory Therapy
- Liberal Arts & Sciences
SCC Fields for Associate Degrees and Short - Term Certificates
- Administrative/Secretarial Services
- Automotive Technology
- Industrial Electronics
- Computer/Information Sciences - General
- Engineering Technology - General
- Machine Tool Technology
Related High Demand Jobs In Spartanburg
SCC serves the community well, because high demand jobs are frequently posted in the degree and certificate fields involved in the schools curricula. These include:
- Nurses - RNs, LPNs, and NPs
- Health and Medical Technicians
- Restaurant Managers, Assistant Managers, and Shift Supervisors
- Dental Assistants
- Business and Marketing Managers
- Electrical and Mechanical Engineers
- Radiology jobs
SCC Enhances SC Economy with Jobs & Business
Spartanburg Community College, formerly Spartanburg Technical College prior to 2006, Is open-admission and serves Spartanburg, Cherokee, and Union counties in Upstate South Carolina.
SCC promotes the economic development of the upstate region with its programs and especially with business partnerships it has struck in order to target emerging and ongoing employment growth in global business competition.
During the past 10 to 12 years, construction of several new buidligns on campus and the establishment of two branch campuses in Upstate South Carolina have influences regonal economics in a positive growth result.
- Spartanburg Campus
- Tyger River Campus - Duncan
- Cherokee County Campus - Gaffney
Corporate and Community Education @ Spartanburg Community College
© 2008 Patty Inglish
More by this Author
Do you want to take advantage of financial benefits (lower taxes, business tax credits, in-state college tuition, etc.) by establishing residency in another US state? Here's what to do.
California experienced financial setbacks in the 2000s, but aerospace began to grow. California is home to more aerospace companies in NASA's Commercial Crew than any other US State. Go Mars! Go Moon!
If you watch CSI and CSI Miami on television, you are watching criminology at work. Criminology is an important science in the field of sociology that can help prevent future crimes and help prisons become...
No comments yet.