jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (4 posts)

Hub Problem with links that pop up as "potentially broken" but work.

1. Perspycacious profile image79
    Perspycaciousposted 2 years ago

In adding links to my Hubs to get more traffic for my older Hubs, I add them after checking to make sure they work, then I publish the new Hub with the link(s). When I come back in to check the just published Hub I find that HubPages is showing the link as crossed out for reaaders of the new Hub because HubPages considers it a "potentially broken link".  How do I solve this problem?  I feel I have done what is required of me.  Is this a problem HubPages hasn't resolved?

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Looking at your "cleaning the casa" hub, I find two such links.  Both, however, point to "Cleaning the casa#" when I mouse over them while both take me to the proper hub if I insist I wish to use them.  Something I've never seen.

How did you make the links?  Did you use the link tool, blocking the words and clicking the chain link symbol?  Or some other method?  What did you use for a URL - a copy/paste or type in?  Did you get the "hubpages" part in, or leave it out?

1. Perspycacious profile image79
        Perspycaciousposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I went to My Account, scrolled to the Hub I wanted the new Hub to link to, clicked on that article, took the cut the web address for it, went back to the new Hub and while it was in the Edit mode I went to the link capsule and pasted the web addres into the URL box for the link, checked that the "Link Is OK" showed when I tested the link, clicked on "done", did a Save, Done Editing, and then either left the new Hub temporarily "Unpublished" or clicked on Edit for the new Hub and then Publish.

1. wilderness profile image96
          wildernessposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Boy, you've got me.  I seldom use the link capsule, putting most of my interlinking into textual links and bypassing the link capsule, but trying it just now I had no trouble doing exactly what you did. 

So I'm lost.  Maybe someone else can shed some light.

working