jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (12 posts)

"A potentially broken link has been detected in this Hub."

1. peoplepower73 profile image92
    peoplepower73posted 5 years ago

"A potentially broken link has been detected in this Hub."

Has anyone else had this flag and after checking the links, there was nothing wrong?

2. profile image0
    danielabramposted 5 years ago

I have never been flagged for this but it should say which link is broken and why.

peoplepower73posted 5 years agoin reply to this

It's supposed to higlight the broken link in yellow.  After checking, none of the links were highlighted.

3. profile image0
    An AYMposted 5 years ago

I had that error today on one of my hubs.  Same story for me.  It told me one of the links was broken and when I checked it was fine, so I'm not too sure what to do other than ignore it myself?

Thanks, that makes two of us!

4. Au fait profile image92
    Au faitposted 5 years ago

There were 2 such links less than 5 minutes ago.  I tested them and they were fine.  This also happened on  a different one of my hubs 6 days ago with the same result.  It's most likely the virus they can't seem to get rid of being obnoxious again.

Thanks for your reply.  That helps to put it into perspective.

2. Jeremy Gill profile image96
      Jeremy Gillposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I know I'm digging into the past here, but if you wouldn't mind sharing, Au fait, what did you do about it? Did just ignore it since the links seem to work? I'm having the same problem now, and would appreciate your knowledge.

3. Au fait profile image92
      Au faitposted 2 years agoin reply to this

If when I check so-called broken links I find no real problem, I do just ignore it.  It's a problem for the HP techies in that case and there's nothing I can do about it.  I guess you could write the team and let them know if you want.  I didn't.

4. peoplepower73 profile image92
      peoplepower73posted 2 years agoin reply to this

I know this question is two years old.  But I had this happen recently.  I found the broken link was in the source URL for one of my photos.  So check all your photo links.  I hope this helps.

5. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image100
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 5 years ago

Sounds like another computer glitch.  It seems these happen when HP is playing around with changes or when Google is acting up.

Thanks for your reply.

working