jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

How Can Facebook and Twitter Really Drive Traffic and Sales?

1. roberttraczgroup1 profile image61
    roberttraczgroup1posted 5 years ago

Online Marketers are going crazy over taking advantage of the growing popularity of FACEBOOK and TWITTER as a great tool for driving insane traffic and sales conversions ..the question is..HOW?,..I know of someone that has an online business and bite the bullet of launching his product on Facebook some months ago..maybe there's something wrong with his strategy.,.since he still keeps on losing bucks and gaining nothing.,.can someone give me an advice..thanks=)

1. WryLilt profile image86
      WryLiltposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Just like a real world business, an online business doesn't grow into a massive empire overnight.

It still takes work, research and time.

I wouldn't recommend JUST using Twitter or Facebook - does your friend have his own site and know anything about SEO?

Yes, some things go viral on facebook and twitter. But there are literally thousands of small business facebook pages selling items from Photos through to Kids Clothing. To go viral on facebook now requires the right connections OR a very interesting and unique product OR a lot of luck.

roberttraczgroup1posted 5 years ago in reply to this

thanks WryLilt for sharing your thoughts.,.hmm,yeah..that's right..online marketing can't be hurried.,.hm..yeah he got a website and knows basic SEO..i sometimes share ideas with him,too smile lol.,.he's doing great now on making connections to facebook..do you think setting up a fan page would help?..thanks.,.and what do you think is best to put on a fan page?..he doesn't want to overly promote his service since some people might think his account is spam.,.thanks again and have a great day ahead:)

2. 0
    Go Writerposted 5 years ago

Your friend is better off creating a Facebook Fan Page. He should separate his regular Facebook account from his fan page and use that strictly for business.

Fanpages use FBML code which is like HTML for Facebook. You can stick HTML on you Facebook fanpage as well. I've seen people put in their opt-in forms on there.

He can always go online to You Tube and look for FBML tutorials, or if he's willing to spend $5 - $10, he can go over to Fiverr.com and have someone create a fanpage for him.

Then he needs to drive traffic to the Fanpage. Depending on the topic, there are some people in Fiverr who will advertise your fanpage to their friends and followers. This does work, but it's not very targeted traffic.

So he may want to go into the different types of groups or apps within Facebook and find targeted followers through there. If he has the money he can advertise with Facebook, too.

Facebook and Twitter, both being social media sites, rely more on the social part than anything. People's first inclination may not be be to purchase but simply to interact with each other.

If your friend is not the social type, then he'll just be wasting his time on Twitter and Facebook. He'd be better off article marketing or guest blogging on niche blogs to drive traffic to his site.

If his product is related to making money online, he can always go into the Warrior Forum and launch a WSO (warrior special offer) at a discounted price to members of the Warrior Forum. If they like it and give good testimonials and he offers an affiliate program, affiliates with big lists will voluntarily sell his product for him.

thanks GoWriter for your advice..,i might suggest it to him and maybe do it in my own business, too.,and yeah,,i think article marketing is really  great ...have a nice day a head.. smile

3. theirishobserver. profile image61
    theirishobserver.posted 5 years ago

Go to dashhotels.com an Irish company that deals with hotel reservations - they have published their concept on their web site it is called 'Market Sweeping on the net' well worth reading smile

pretty cool website smile.,.thanks for sharing wink