jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Does having Facebook and Twitter accounts boost traffic to Hubpages?

1. Edgar Arkham profile image76
    Edgar Arkhamposted 6 years ago

Does having Facebook and Twitter accounts boost traffic to Hubpages?

I'm trying to figure out the best ways of increasing traffic to my hubs. I'm using Digg and Stumbleupon; I've tried Reddit, now I'm wondering if trying Facebook and/or Twitter will do anything.

2. lovebuglena profile image87
    lovebuglenaposted 6 years ago

I think it can definitely help increase traffic to your hubs. Whenever I publish a new hub I always post it on Facebook and Twitter. Besides people you are connected to seeing the links to your hubs, their friends/followers will be able to see them too. It is free to have those accounts and you have nothing to lose by creating them and posting the links to your hubs there.

Now I forget exactly where on hubpages you can see it but you can see traffic sources - that is where the traffic to your hubs comes from. So when you create your Twitter and Facebook accounts and post your hub links there if anyone goes to your hubs you will be able to see that under the traffic sources. So, you will know if any traffic is coming from there or not.

By the way, besides stumbleupon, reddit, and digg there are other social bookmarking sites you can post your hub links on. One of them is delicious.com
    There are many others but I don't remember then off the back. I'd have to google them up...

3. Dale Hyde profile image83
    Dale Hydeposted 6 years ago

Yes, according to my stats here and elsewhere I post online.

4. Brandon Martin profile image77
    Brandon Martinposted 5 years ago

All this time I thought you weren't able to use Facebook or Twitter for Hubpages!
    Thanks allot for this question!

5. Esrom Art profile image66
    Esrom Artposted 5 years ago

Yes, Facebook generate traffic to my hub, but I did not put link in my Facebook, but post my hub link in my friend Facebook. If my friend like roses, I put my hub about roses in her Facebook. She love it and promote it to others friend. I did not try yet twitter. But some Huber wrote that they got traffic from twitter. thanks