jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Writers Publishing Rejection

1. American_Choices profile image85
    American_Choicesposted 5 years ago

RK Rowling
    Her book book was submitted to twelve publishing houses, all of which rejected her now famous series.

Do all writers struggle with rejection?

1. DonnaCSmith profile image84
      DonnaCSmithposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Of course we do. I have a scrapbook full of them, but I quit collecting them a long time ago. I take them with me for "show and tell" whenever I do workshops and school author visits.

2. cindi h profile image59
    cindi hposted 5 years ago

yes! I'm still dealing with it. I think the only way to get published is to befriend Oprah!!smile

3. Joy56 profile image60
    Joy56posted 5 years ago

there are so many wanna be writers out there. and so many publications who just do not want to pay out.  It is a difficult world alright.

4. Mikeydoes profile image81
    Mikeydoesposted 5 years ago

We just need better stuff available to us on the internet. That means for readers and for writers. Hopefully people are working hard on it, because I certainly am.

5. Laura in Denver profile image81
    Laura in Denverposted 4 years ago

You can consider self-publishing your item. I believe ClickBank will sell e-books, but if your wish to make hard copies, that could be a large materials cost. In addition, marketing them takes a plan or Web site or a paid marketing person.

6. paradigmsearch profile image91
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

Rejection and failure is the norm. This pretty much applies to all endeavours. All one can do is keep plodding along.